A medium sized "boutique" resort of around 100 units in lovely Playa.
Note: Very central, walking distance to everywhere but NOT a beachfront location.
A very good alternative to the massive and expensive five star "palaces" along the beach.
Style: Caribbean/South Pacific faux design, yet works quite well.
Highlight: VERY friendly front desk staff, eager to satisfy the customers with a broad smile and excellent service.
Cleanliness and room service very good.
A la Carte breakfast is ok, yet not spectacular, service is sometimes a bit lacking.
Secure parking for guests can be arranged across the road, @ $10.00 per 24 hours, by prior notice.
In summery: very pleasant,"homely" stay at La Tortuga. Recommended.
NB :Please don't miss the incredible "Ah!Cacao" coffee/chocolate shop on corner of Consituyentes & Av 10!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium, meeting facilities,ice machine, water treadmill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico