We stayed here on honeymoon and for once i was not cheap. Splashing out on a fancy boutique hotel instead of a cheap all inclusive. Was it worth it? well almost but im really cheap! The location is weird, its just off the hot bustling 5th avenue, so one minute its all hustle and bustle then you are in hotel and its so cool and tranquil.
We booked a junior suite which had a jacuzzi and on a roof top terrace, very bling and a balcony overlooking pool. Jacuzzi was quite clean but not that warm (one in pool area is better). Room was big enough, and air con was good. Only con is you can hear the doof doof of coco bongo every night till 5am. Breakfast at on site restruant is awesome, loved choosing something different every day. Tried it on evening as well and it was also good saw a mayan coffee display (coffee on fire etc!). Waiters are very good. Hotel staff are also very nice. (mexico in general service was nice) Receptionist very friendly and spoke perfect english (useful cos my spanish was 2 words).
Service, atmosphere, romantic, good food,
Very expensive if you can get it cheap then go for it.
Playa del carmen had lots of securtity guards at banks/jewellrey with big guns, bit scary.
Playa del carmen so commercial, and you always getting hasled and always asked for tips
I know they trying to make living, and each person doesn't hassle you for long. But 100 people 5 seconds each is bit rubbish. gladly its no where near as bad as bodrum turkey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico