“Good Pizza”

Don Mario Restaurante Pizzeria
Ranked #49 of 1,302 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: ON "DON MARIO" YOU HAVE VARIETY OF PASTAS, STEAKS, WOOD OWEN PIZZA, SEA FOOD AND MEXICAN FOOD, EVERYTHING PREPARED BY THE OWNER MARIO, THE CHEF
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stopped by this restaurant to try there pizza as we noticed it had a wood burning oven. The pizza was quiet good and the service was also very good. Reasonable price for most of the items on the menu and will be going back to try some thing else. One block off of 5th on 10th ave.

There are newer reviews for Don Mario Restaurante Pizzeria

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Find this place and if you want to have a quiet low key place to eat off the main drag! This place is a little easier on the wallet too than the Italian fare found along 5th Ave. We had fettuccine but really wanted ravioli. We were told they were out. So maybe ask if they have everything avail on the menu before making up your mind. The Tiramisu was great-who knew you get this in Mexico!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a nice little place off the main drag. We both enjoyed our meals, I had pasta, my husband had grouper.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I can't say too much about this place because my wife and I shared a pepperoni pizza and a coke. The pizza was satisfactory. The service and prices were satisfactory. We ate here by accident as we were actually looking for a different restaurant. I would definitely go back again and try something else. It seems like a very nice place to eat.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

In front of the restaurant there is a large sign with the results from reviews from trip advisor, which showed excellent reviews. So we went in. For those who read - this is not a good restaurant. I have two question marks - hygiene of the place and the freshness of the ingredients.

The pizza comes from an oven, so if you are a pizza eater, you may not notice anything. Yet my steamed vegetables were certainly not fresh and my very sensitive stomach did not feel well after the dinner (although I did not eat the vegetables). So be careful. Maybe this was a good place but not now. I think that the reviews that will come after mine will show whether the restaurant has made any efforts to change or whether it is still living on old glory.