“Best Grilled Octopus in Playa”

Los Aguachiles Calle 34
Ranked #164 of 1,495 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed February 23, 2018

I have had grilled octopus in many restaurants in Playa del Carmen. I thought that I had the best until I tried octopus at Los Aguachiles. It was so tender, crispy and covered with a spicy sauce on a bed of rice with bean and bacon on the side. The sauce was spicy but not too hot. It was amazing. Will be going back before we leave. This is also a non smoking restaurant.

1  Thank hansngale
Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Went with my wife and kids and was blown away. Simple restaurant, nothing fancy. Was a little when they didn't have half the soda's on the menu, but WOW! We had the Seared Tuna Tostadas - excellent, the Ceviche, really good, the octopus, cooked to perfection, tender & not chewy, but the Aguachiles - off the hook. Great flavor, a little heat and great citrus tang. Must go back again (and again, and again).

Reviewed February 20, 2018

It’s been our third time this year in this small restaurant on Constituyentes and we’ve always been very satisfied with our experience. The restaurant is only made of some basic roofing and partial walls So, it’s more of an outdoor kind of place. It’s perfect for hot days since there’s always a good breeze going through. Located between the beach and the 5th Avenue, it’s fairly quiet.
Typical Mexican. Mostly fish and seafood. We tried many items on their menu and everything had been really good.
It’s a fairly fast service, so I would say perfect for lunch or any time you’re not looking for long dinner.
Excellent value.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

I went twice to this restaurant the first time I liked it but the second I loved it. I got the coriander prawn tacos and the battered fish tacos and both were delicious but I think that what sells it the most is the salsas in squeeze bottles on the tables, the chipotle and the coriander ones are just perfect.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

This became one of my favourite stops for lunch on 34 even though it's quite a hike up from La Quinta (5th Ave.) at 25. But it's worth the walk. They have fantastic and very pretty tuna tacos (Maravillosa de atun), great fish ceviche tacos and good margaritas. The pork taco was more like a bean chili dip but it was tasty. Definitely worth trying. Drink prices were reasonable and the washroom was good.