“Margaritas and octopus!!”

Price range: US$15 - US$49
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch, so happy we discovered this place: the octopus is to die for!!!
Prices are good, food is fresh and friendly service.
Will be back!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank M J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed February 23, 2018

I have had grilled octopus in many restaurants in Playa del Carmen. I thought that I had the best until I tried octopus at Los Aguachiles. It was so tender, crispy and covered with a spicy sauce on a bed of rice with bean and bacon on the side. The sauce was spicy but not too hot. It was amazing. Will be going back before we leave. This is also a non smoking restaurant.

1  Thank hansngale
Reviewed February 20, 2018

Went with my wife and kids and was blown away. Simple restaurant, nothing fancy. Was a little when they didn't have half the soda's on the menu, but WOW! We had the Seared Tuna Tostadas - excellent, the Ceviche, really good, the octopus, cooked to perfection, tender & not chewy, but the Aguachiles - off the hook. Great flavor, a little heat and great citrus tang. Must go back again (and again, and again).

Reviewed February 20, 2018

It’s been our third time this year in this small restaurant on Constituyentes and we’ve always been very satisfied with our experience. The restaurant is only made of some basic roofing and partial walls So, it’s more of an outdoor kind of place. It’s perfect for hot days since there’s always a good breeze going through. Located between the beach and the 5th Avenue, it’s fairly quiet.
Typical Mexican. Mostly fish and seafood. We tried many items on their menu and everything had been really good.
It’s a fairly fast service, so I would say perfect for lunch or any time you’re not looking for long dinner.
Excellent value.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

I went twice to this restaurant the first time I liked it but the second I loved it. I got the coriander prawn tacos and the battered fish tacos and both were delicious but I think that what sells it the most is the salsas in squeeze bottles on the tables, the chipotle and the coriander ones are just perfect.

Date of visit: October 2017