“Your Private Tour is THE EXPERIENCE of a LIFETIME! Seriously.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Your Private Tour
Ranked #4 of 350 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We snorkel the Caribbean and tour the Mayan Ruins, Chichen Itza, Coba and others,snorkel, Zip Line through the dense jungle over a huge centoe,canoe,cliff jump,visit a Mayan village and explore underground river system called Cenotes and much more!! We use newer vans,bi-lingual guides, new good quality sanitary equipment,exceptional quality food at a beach restaurant while providing lots of fun, new experiences and safety.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Your Private Tour is THE EXPERIENCE of a LIFETIME! Seriously.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had already done my research on this area and wanted to visit the beautiful Tulum (look for it, the picturesque Mayan Ruins right by the most beautiful turquoise beach). I had also read about cenotes (gorgeous water bodies, sometimes inside of beautiful caves) and I had also read about tours where you could go swimming with sea turtles... (I've always wanted to do that!) So, I was hoping to find some tours that could help me with all these trips.

When I looked through tripadvisors' Things to Do section and checked the tours page, I noticed -Your Private Tour- ... and I saw that they would take you to all those things I wanted to do... (and more!) I noticed it, of course, because it was rated #1 and had an excellent 5 star rating... Then, after reading all of the reviews, I felt confident in booking this tour.

Now, we are proud to say that we are so glad and so lucky that we did.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
It started off with us emailing Jay and asking about booking the tour. He emailed back quickly and answered any questions we had. When we had booked our flight, we went to the web site and made our reservation. We received an email back with information on what to do and what to expect.

OUR TOUR PACKAGE:

-Natural Aquarium -
We purchased the basic package, which includes swimming in a natural aquarium (so awesome/amazing... I felt like I was in a real-life "FINDING NEMO")

-Underground Cenote -
OhMyGosh! UNBELIEVABLE! It was like, the most clear, beautiful water you could ever swim in. I really felt like a little fish in an aquarium. There, I had my first time snorkeling... and our tour guide ROD was amazing! He totally made us feel at ease and always made sure to check on us, even though he totally gave us our space to enjoy the experience in our own way and in our own pace. So much fun!

Added Extras:

-Tulum Ruins-
I seen pictures of this on the internet... but it was a blessing to see this sight in person. Like I said earlier, these are ruins (old Mayan ruins that are right next to a most beautiful sea) and Your Private Tour/Rod were smart in taking us here first. Because of that, we were able to skip the long lines... and were able to catch a bunch of photographs by ourselves.

[Oh, that's another great thing about Your Private Tour (you would see a bunch of tour groups where people were being led in big groups of like, 20. Here, they let us go on our own, which we liked... because we wanted to just take photographs and roam as we pleased... AND... since Your Private Tour only books like 2 couples at a time... it is very much about you and your experience vs. being with so many people. We are also very lucky because that day, it was just me and my boyfriend on the tour!]
Another great thing is that they get all your tickets for you before hand... so we never had to worry about anything like that. All we had to do... was be there! Cool!

-Snorkeling With Sea Turtles-
What else can I say? A-ma-zing! We went out to a beach in Akumal for this... and... it was just so awesome to swim with them and be in their presence. I loved it!

-Zip Line, Mayan Village, Canoe, Cliff Jump-

This part, I did not search for when looking for tours, initially... because naturally, I am not much of a sporty person and am not that adventurous... but when I saw that it was only an extra $40 bucks, I thought, what the heck. That sounds like fun. Let's try it for the first time... It seemed like they would take care of me somehow. And you know what, that's how it felt. Sometimes, we would have worries about high things were and stuff like that, but Rod assured us that we would be safe and that we would have nothing to worry about. He was right.

-Zip Line -
The zip line was fun! It wasn't as high as other zip lines are... but I liked it for my first time... The zip line was over a beautiful water body... so you got to experience being free in the wind while seeing that scenery.
-Mayan Village-
The Mayan Village was cool. The coolest part, for me, was the open-air cenote, which looked like a huge swimming pool made of the coolest and clearest deep sea green color. I only wished I could have swam in it longer... but hey, sometimes, that's what makes things so valuable... Ah, it was gorgeous! Sublime!
-Canoe-
Canoeing was short and fun. A quick ride from where we ended off zip lining back to where we started... I am very much a shutterbug... so I let my boyfriend do all the canoeing while I took pictures... but, it was very fun to say that we went canoeing over this cool little waterbody...
-Cliff Jump-
This, I wasn't too worried about... The pictures looked like the jump wasn't that steep... and Rod warned us that we didn't have to worry, as there is nothing in the water that we could hit. Once I was up there, though... it looked higher than I imagined... BUT, once I made the jump... Heaven! The rush of making an impact through such glorious, clear water was soooo exhilirating! We ended up getting a chance to do it again... and we did! 2 jumps!!! Yippee!

TIMING OF TOUR
For us, because we chose so many activities, it was an all day event, from about 8:30 a.m. to about 4:00 p.m. Because everything was so cool and so fun, we always wish we could do it again... so... yeah, if we ever go back to PLAYA, we would book with them to experience all this stuff all over again.

WHAT TO BRING
*Bring a towel
*Bring environmentally-safe sunblock (to preserve their beautiful clear waters, they ask this. I didn't really understand it until I seen the water... Now, yes, please bring that with you, or if not, you can buy it from them, and at this time, they charge $15 bucks)
*Bring comfy clothes
*Bring a bathing suit/ swimming shorts (if you're a guy)
*I guess, flip flops... That's what we wore with our swim clothes
And that's really it

WHAT WE LIKED BEST/LEAST

Best-

::EASE::
- We liked that they made everything so easy for us... It felt like a day at the park... We didn't have to worry about a thing... They just took us to the most beautiful and fun places... and we went along for the ride

::LOCATIONS::
I didn't know how great the places they would take us would actually be... but, I later found out that they took us to some of the most famous places that other tours would take you to (except with Your Private Tour, they would take you there and to 3-5 other places). Awesome, awesome locations! It's only been a week but I miss them already.

THE TOUR GUIDE/ ::ROD:: & Driver ELI
This was my very first tour, so I did not know what to expect of my guide... Now, I see that the trip felt like I was being taken around by a very good friend in a beautiful tour shuttle. Everything went off without a hitch because Rod was just friendly and attentive and accommodating. He even asked if we were hungry in the middle of the tour (oh, because they ALSO offer you a free lunch at a gorgeous sea-front restaurant!) and when we weren't hungry yet, he switched the last activity to go on at that time, so that we could end the tour with the lunch... (when we actually were* hungry). Cool.

Least -

- My only suggestion is that the tour guides, when picking us up, have a sign of some sort with our names (kind of like, at the airport)

- And... I guess the only other thing... is that we wished some parts of the tour could last longer. Although... somehow, it still felt perfect.

AMAZING, amazing tour. I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS over and over again!

4 Thank jetsetter_xoxo

Sherman, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Snorkeling, Loved Every Minute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

At 7:45 a.m. my husband and I and another couple were picked up at our separate hotels by Tanya, our guide, in a comfortable van with a driver who remained with the van at all times. I had never snorkeled before and Tanya was very patient with me and gave good instructions. She was very knowledgeable about the Dos Ojos Cenote where we began, and equally knowledgeable in Akumal where we viewed turtles and fish in the ocean and again at the Preserve where we swam with many beautiful fish in an above ground cenote formed by salt and fresh water meeting. Before each swim there is a bathroom and sunscreen break. The van carries cold bottled water and Tanya was willing to stop at a local market if we wanted to buy ourselves snacks or drinks. When we were done there was a place to shower and change into clothes before we were taken to a great beach cafe for lunch which was included in the tour price except for our beverages. There was never any hurried feel to the schedule and we enjoyed the entire day from beginning to end. We highly recommend Your Private Tour and Tanya as a tour guide. View the site and you will find what you need to take, what you don't and the services and tours they provide. Have a great time!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank weiss27
Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great family day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

After reading many great reviews we booked a last minute tour with Jay. He was very accomodating, especially since the tour was for the next day. We did Tulum, turtles, caves and snorkeling. All of them were great. A few in our party chose not to have anything to do with the water, so they basically watched the whole day. They still said they had a great time. Egor and Tanya were our guides and my kids (6, 9 and 3) loved them. They were so patient and kind. Tanya even went the extra mile, when my 3 yr old was not feeling well and running a fever she found rubbing alcohol to put on his feet (ancient secret). It actually helped. Jay also helped my mother who had been sick get the right medicine, took her to the pharmacy. Thanks you guys. Our favorite part of the trip were the caves, they were so beautiful, something we may never experience again.

1 Thank Mindy O
Ontario
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“This is the Tour You Want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We are so happy we chose to book with Jay. It was the perfect day. It ended up to be just my partner and myself. We started with Tulum then snorkled in the Cenotes. We then went to a nice beach and snorkled with Sea Turtles. Then a wonderful lunch at a beautiful location on the beach. We finished the day snorkeling in a natural aquarium. The fish were plentiful and beautiful. Each location had facilities. Our driver Sergio was great and our guide Karen (Hi Karen) was fantastic.
It was truly a perfect day.
We recommend Your Private Tour to everyone. Jay was wonderful to work with.
Thank you Jay!

1 Thank livetotravel61
South Hamilton, Massachusetts, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Highly recommended tour...an absolute must do!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hector came to pick my 15yo daughter and myself up promptly at 8:30am. After meeting Hector, I knew that we were going to have an unbelievable day. During our drives to our different excursions, Hector was very personable and a wealth of information regarding Mexico in general and the tours we were to embark on. He spent a lot of time making sure my daughter was comfortable snorkeling before going to Yal Ku Lagoon. He never left our side and pointed out different fish to us and took lots of pictures of us underwater and during our zip lining and canoeing adventure. Jay came to meet us at one of the cenotes to check on us and make sure that we were enjoying ourselves. He's totally awesome and met us again for lunch at La Lunita ,which was also fabulous! I had mentioned to Hector that I was hoping to take my daughter to the Jungle Place, but I wasn't able to make reservations, so during our visit to the Mayan village, Hector made sure that we were able to meet a spider monkey up close and personal....feeding him peanuts and a yoghurt drink, which made the day for us. I can't say enough about the Private tour...I gained more knowledge from Hector and Jay and our whole day was packed full of surprises and excitement. The personal attention was exemplary...it was nice change... not being part of a large group where one tends to get lost in the crowd. Kudos to Jay and Hector for giving us a day to remember!!

1 Thank Charlene C