We have been to Cancun three times and loved it. We decided to try Playa del Carmen this time though and will definitely return! We loved the area, the ease and safety of walking on 5th Avenue and especially the resort - Gran Porto Real. The atmosphere was not the loud, partying group often found in Cancun - but more quaint - and busy enough if you wanted to partake in activities . The staff was always attentive and going many steps beyond what would be expected to make the vacation memorable. We ate all meals except one at the Albatros buffet and loved the service and the variety of foods. It is impossible to be hungry there! For the one meal we strayed - we went to the Italian restaurant on site, and though it was lovely, and it was nice to be served, the selections were not as great and the quality not any better than the buffet. so - we returned to the buffet. On our last night there - February 17, there was a special sit down dinner - steak night which was more than amazing! The wait staff was even more attentive if that is possible, and the food presentation was delightfully elegant. Antonio was our waiter and we cannot say enough about how special he made us feel that evening.
There was truly not one staff member who disappointed in any way. Maid service was excellent and each night we had our bed turned down, chocolates left on our bed and a special decorative towel arrangement done for us.
We will return to Playa del Carmen and to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico