We traveled January 16th - 23rd and got an amazing deal on our vacation. I booked just a couple of weeks before and got the trip for about 1/2 the price on Travelocity. It was for my sisters wedding and being a poor recent college graduate, I was happy my girlfriend and I were able to make it. The service was beyond excellent - you could be on the beach or near the pool and servers would be there to provide drinks around the clock. The wedding service was beautiful and the staff did a great job with the presentation of the food and decor. Location is top notch - if anyone is planning on traveling to Playa Del Carmen this is the PERFECT spot. It is located right near downtown so everything is just a quick walk away so I didn't feel "trapped" in one location all week. The buffet and restaurant food was decent, not great, but combined with the excellent service I would rate the overall dining experience 4/5 stars. My only gripe was that I was woken up a couple of times during the week with what I assumed were workers talking and chatting loudly outside our room. Overall, I would highly recommend this all-inclusive resort to anyone traveling the area.
Also, I used Olympus tours as my shuttle to and from the Cancun airport, and also used them to book our one day excursion to the Tulum Mayan ruins and a jungle adventure zone where we did zip lines, rappelling, and snorkeling in the underground river systems. I had one employee in particular that made our trip so much more amazing. Her name was Kate from Olympus tours. I feel a lot of tour workers from different companies try and pressure you into things while only thinking about how deep your pockets are. Kate, on the other hand, really cared about us and gave us honest recommendations without pressuring my girlfriend and I into doing anything. I feel like I was booking a trip through a friend, and not a money sucking agency! So thank you again Kate and Olympus tours for making our trip that much more special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico