!!!!!BEWARE TRAVELERS !!!!
WARNING TO ALL TRAVELERS AND GUESTS STAYING AT VIVA AZTECA THE STAFF AT THIS RESORT ARE THIEVES !!! INCLUDING THE ONES AT THE FRONT DESK.
I stayed at the Aztecta from march 26th to april 2 and the day before we were supposed to leave we came back to our room from the beach and noticed the cable on the TV was out and shortly after we noticed that our safe was unlocked and wouldnt re-lock. I reported the cable problem to the front desk and they came and fixed it and seconds after the tv was fixed our safe locked. We went through our stuff and realized thet we had been robbed or over $300 cash right our of our wallets. Momments later we realized that the THIEVES had gone through our bags as well.
I went up to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager and I asked her if the hotel had a system for when guests check out that they cancel the cable and neutralize the safe.?...She said "YES,HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS"? and thats when I told her that the staff are working together to rob the guests. I told her what had happened and she asked if I reported the cable problem so I told her yes...she checked it on the computer and she looked up a few other things but wouldnt tell me what she was checking and when she was done done she said she wouldnt be able to get my money back but she will launch an investigation because she found there was some suspicious activity with my room.
We found out earlier that day that a woman had her wallet stollen from the beach towell attendant and to my knoledge her wallet was never recovered. So these THIEVES work together and they move fast.
IF YOU NOTICE ANYTHING SUSPICOUS DONT SHAKE YOUR HEAD AND SECOND GUESS YOUR SELF........YOU'VE BEEN ROBBED BY THE STAFF AT THE VIVA AZTECA !!!!
Now to rate the quallity of the hotel its self and the food...its rated here as a 4 -4 1/2 star but its barely a 3 star. The food was gross the only decent meal was breakfast and good luck getting bacon ..they hide it behind the cheff that makes the ommelettes.....and the hotel stinks like a septick tank. in our room the closet doors were broken and the sliding doors leading to the balcony kept de-railing. The wall plugs when you unplugged from the wall would pull the soccket and wires right out of the wall..And one last thing...your better off sleeping on the floors the beds were harder then the floor and the sheets were discusting !!!
I want to thank those who read this review and I hope you warn others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be close to everything. White sand beaches. Mayan ruins. Lush jungles. A championship golf course. And exciting nightlife. The Wyndham Azteca All-Inclusive Resort, a stunning resort on the breathtaking Mayan Riviera on the east coast of the Yucatan, has it all. And it's just 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport in Mexico. Explore captivating Mayan ruins. Find your own private seaside cove, or experience the fun in the sun and nightlife of Playa Del Carmen, just two miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Viva Wyndham Azteca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Viva Azteca
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Viva Azteca
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico