Stayed at the Azteca April 2 - April 9. The hotel property was immaculate, the beach was stunning, and the food was good. Excellent location, just minutes to the Playa Del Carmen Strip. Some rooms have been renovated and are very comfortable!
The only thing missing was the customer service, both at the front desk and bars. There was a lack of hospitality from the bartenders and concierge staff, they did not seem to care about the patrons (no matter how much you tipped them). The entertainment team was terrific, always enthusiastic and involved. The resort was in a gated village, so safety was not a concern.
MAKE SURE YOU TRY THE ITALIAN RESTAURANT... exceptional food quality and waiting service!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be close to everything. White sand beaches. Mayan ruins. Lush jungles. A championship golf course. And exciting nightlife. The Wyndham Azteca All-Inclusive Resort, a stunning resort on the breathtaking Mayan Riviera on the east coast of the Yucatan, has it all. And it's just 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport in Mexico. Explore captivating Mayan ruins. Find your own private seaside cove, or experience the fun in the sun and nightlife of Playa Del Carmen, just two miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Viva Wyndham Azteca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Viva Azteca
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Viva Azteca
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico