“Delicious little gem hidden just outside the main street”
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Ranked #24 of 1,487 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed September 10, 2017

This was an excellent quaint little restaurant tucked away near a park. I almost couldn't find it, there was very limited signage and had to rely on previous Tripadvisor photos of the exterior to know I was at the right place. I had the Kaxapa pabellon, with avocado and fried egg. This was honestly the best meal I had while in Playa del Carmen. The waiter gave me a mini sampler of drinks which were all delicious. I didn't expect it, but the Venezuelan chicha drink they had (rice, milk, cinnamon) was so refreshing and cold, it was like a rice milkshake. The food was so good I came back the next day to buy some to-go things for my bus ride back to the airport.

They do take credit cards, but please be sure to ask before deciding to dine here, as they admitted there are some days the credit card machines doesn't work.

2  Thank Maggie P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,465)

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant left me wanting more. So much so that I made sure to pay a second visit during my short stay in Playa del Carmen.

The place is small and charming with excellent service but the star was the food - oh the food!!! On my first visit, we tried the kaxapa pabellón, patacón pabellón and the pabellón criollo. On the second visit, we tried the kaxapa tradicional and the kaxapa chévere. The food was as good as the first time, so the consistency in the quality and taste of the food was unchanged. To me that spoke volumes of this great gem.

If you are in Playa del Carmen, do yourself a favor and add this to your list of must visit entities. You will not regret it!!

Now that I got back home, I have serious craving for patacón but I have a feeling the standard was set so high by this place that no other will compare.

1  Thank Iparr99
Reviewed September 1, 2017

I have never had Venezuelan food until I tried Kaxapa Factory. I have been there three times already. I enjoy the food and the service is always good.

It is a good change from your typical Mexican food, tacos etc. A bit overpriced for peasant food but the atmosphere and staff make the experience worth the while.

I would visit them again.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Dropped in here for a quick meal and was blown away by the quality of service and food. The owner made an effort to go round to each and individual table multiple times to introduce himself and welcome everyone to the restaurant and then again to check up things, he also brought out free samples of all the different juices which was a nice experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Interesting and good food served with pleasant employees, you have vegan dishes, no alcohol and no regret ! The only thing that prevents me to give 5 stars is the size of the dishes, a bit small and you get no idea of that from the pictures or the explanation. Ask for the size !!