“The best!! ”

Ranked #20 of 1,437 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

This place was a huge highlight of our trip!! A delicious change from all the Mexican food we had been eating. Where to start... the restaurant is hard to spot but GO! It is nestled next to the park but with the same frontage of El Tapas (which is next door) so it's hard to differentiate but just look to the right of El Tapas and you should spot it - small hidden green sign for it but back off the street. Once you get inside you are greeted by lovely, lovely staff and sat down with a friendly explanation of the menu as we had not had Venezuelan food before. Then they bring you 4 juice samples!! All are delicious and we then chose a passion fruit juice and a special lemonade to have with our meal.
And now, the food!! Oh my! We had a beef Kaxapa and a Patacon Pepiado. Both were so delicious we couldn't choose our fave. The patacon felt fresh, healthy (we were both craving some salad) and the sauce was something else :-)
Then, to really top the meal off the lovely owner came over to say hi and chat to us. We chatted to him about his food and he to us about England. He sent us away with a note where he had written a few of his favourite places to visit around Playa - unbelievably welcoming and friendly.
Please do not miss this place when you are in Playa. Delicious, so so friendly and a whole new food experience. And finally - cheap!! We both left with smiles on our faces and are going back for our last lunch of the holiday :-)

2  Thank Amy W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,422)

Reviewed September 10, 2017

This was an excellent quaint little restaurant tucked away near a park. I almost couldn't find it, there was very limited signage and had to rely on previous Tripadvisor photos of the exterior to know I was at the right place. I had the Kaxapa pabellon, with avocado and fried egg. This was honestly the best meal I had while in Playa del Carmen. The waiter gave me a mini sampler of drinks which were all delicious. I didn't expect it, but the Venezuelan chicha drink they had (rice, milk, cinnamon) was so refreshing and cold, it was like a rice milkshake. The food was so good I came back the next day to buy some to-go things for my bus ride back to the airport.

They do take credit cards, but please be sure to ask before deciding to dine here, as they admitted there are some days the credit card machines doesn't work.

2  Thank Maggie P
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant left me wanting more. So much so that I made sure to pay a second visit during my short stay in Playa del Carmen.

The place is small and charming with excellent service but the star was the food - oh the food!!! On my first visit, we tried the kaxapa pabellón, patacón pabellón and the pabellón criollo. On the second visit, we tried the kaxapa tradicional and the kaxapa chévere. The food was as good as the first time, so the consistency in the quality and taste of the food was unchanged. To me that spoke volumes of this great gem.

If you are in Playa del Carmen, do yourself a favor and add this to your list of must visit entities. You will not regret it!!

Now that I got back home, I have serious craving for patacón but I have a feeling the standard was set so high by this place that no other will compare.

1  Thank Iparr99
Reviewed September 1, 2017

I have never had Venezuelan food until I tried Kaxapa Factory. I have been there three times already. I enjoy the food and the service is always good.

It is a good change from your typical Mexican food, tacos etc. A bit overpriced for peasant food but the atmosphere and staff make the experience worth the while.

I would visit them again.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Dropped in here for a quick meal and was blown away by the quality of service and food. The owner made an effort to go round to each and individual table multiple times to introduce himself and welcome everyone to the restaurant and then again to check up things, he also brought out free samples of all the different juices which was a nice experience.