“Fabulous”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,331 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I just can't seem to stay away from Oh Lala when I'm in Playa Del Carmen. George's dishes really tantalise the taste buds and Hit the spot every time no matter what you fancy. This is matched with excellent service from Mikailla who is a fabulous host. The restaurant may be small but well worth a visit.

2  Thank Alison B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)

Reviewed 12 June 2012

A little gem of a place. A single shop unit with kitchen inside and a half dozen tables on a small street side terrace. The food is imaginative and so tasty, beats the pants off the overpriced completion on 5 th ave. even the wine comes as a bucket , ok rather large glass, for the price of a soop song in other places. Friendly attentive but not overpowering, the owners and staff are great. Turned up to it and they remembered me from last year without being gushy just welcoming. I hate false and these guys really are not. Glad to see they are still here.

3  Thank worldlywise2009
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is my first review on TripAdvisor and I promised to George and Michaela that I would write about their restaurant because I was impressed by the whole experience of being at Oh Lala!
I recommend this place to everyone visiting Playa del Carmen! Definitely try the mushroom appetizer and tuna steak! But I liked all the food there so much, that wanted to have dinner there every evening!
And at our last dinner, we had a profound conversation with the owner and chef, George. It makes perfect sense that such an incredible individual would create such art from food! And Michaela, George's wife, is gorgeous and attentive and made us feel as if we are honored guests at their home!
Be sure to reserve since this restaurant is very popular and you may not get a table if you don't plan in advance!

4  Thank GohAstan
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was in the Oh lala restaurant to eat some crêpe and even if was not on the menu of the day, they do me one.
Very friendly staff and very good crepe!
Recommended

2  Thank Adelie C
Reviewed 14 May 2012

You just cannot miss this dining experience! While visiting PDC last week we, with my restaurant list compiled from trip advisor reviews, ventured out to find this little gem. WOW! Fabulous cuisine, excellent service, Jorge and Michaela (owners), fantastic! The Oh La La salad (still salivating at the memory of it) and filet mignon in a red wine reduction served on top of mashed potatoes with an asparagus bundle, divine! My husband had a fish dish in Thai curry sauce that he just cannot stop talking about. We were in awe and had dinner there several times. Our best culinary memory in PDC thus far! Did I mention the Oh La La salad, with goat cheese, wonderful tasting mushrooms, red pepper, bacon, assorted lettuces? Still salivating!!!!! Perfecto!!!

2  Thank shaness94