8,664 results
All reviewssports barmain restaurantthomson repsgreat holidaygolf buggyasian restaurantanimation teamplenty of sunbedsevery other daypool restaurantshort walk to the beachthemed nightspalm treesevening entertainmentcancun airportsister hotelswimming with dolphins
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at the Tequila from the 16th to the 22nd of February. I loved being able to use all of the Riu hotels. We spent a lot of time at the beach, which was so, so pretty. I loved the shady palm tree areas. My kids (7, 12) also had a great time but did not enjoy the kids club. They loved all of the animals on the gounds and there were a lot of other kids for them to play with at the pools. The food was very tasty and we ate at both the Steak House and the Japonese place in addition to the buffett. I did not get up early to make reservations. We never had trouble finding chairs by the pool or by the beach.

I loved being able to go for a run on the streets in Playacar every morning. It was a perfect vacation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank m0minmn
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Enjoyed our holiday at the Riu Tequila,no complaints about anything. The staff were all great, clean rooms and excellent food. I must recomend the Bamboo(Asian) ala carte resaurant, it was fantasic. We stayed two weeks and the weather was excellent. Took a trip to Cozumel which was a nice get away also, higher end jewellery shops there which my wife enjoys.The walk to the beach was very short also, don't let that detract you from booking at the Tequila, it's just across the road about a five minute walk and you still get to use the bars and restaurants at the RIU Yucatan or Playacar resorts at the beach.The Tequila is very lush with trees and vegetation on the resort which makes it very nice to walk on the grounds also, I recommend this resort to everyone young or old !

Room Tip: We had a unit off of the main walkway it was very quiet and lots of privacy. I would recommend a second floor room since we like to have the patio door open at nights.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank haroldl_12
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Truly enjoyed our stay at the Riu in 2011 - abolutely nothing to complain about, clean, good service, excellent food, free to walk to local attractions - beaches, 5th avenue, took the ferry to Cozumel - had a great time - planning another trip to Playa del Carmen in 2012

Room Tip: Only tip - this is not an ocean front hotel, across the street, however, a very pleasant walk to the beach, you need after all the eating and drinking!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank funinthesun182199
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We got back from our holiday a couple of weeks ago and had a very nice holiday for the price we paid. We have been to alot of All Inclusives in this area and found this one to be okay but definity not the best we have been to.

We found the rooms to be smaller than most we have been to. The beds were not to hard which can often be a problem in Mexico.

The food and drinks very good. Always something good to eat and very fresh.

Staff was great. A couple of times my husband wanted more beer for the fridge and they were great about bringing it. Our hair dryer blew up and our toilet got plugged and they were there within 15 minutes to fix the problem. Great service.

We didn't mind the walk to the beach but did miss sitting in the evening and listening to the ocean.

The one problem I had with this resort was the cats running around in the dining room by the pool and on the outdoor area of the evening dining room. I am very nervous of cats so had a problem eating lunch each day and always had to sit inside for supper. I also thought there were to many of the other critters running around. I wasn't afraid of them but in the late afternoon they would all come out around the pool and there was just to many of them.

For this reason alone we would not go back to this resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank roadstarAlberta
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stopped in this hotel with my girlfriend in February and it was by far the best place we have stopped at yet and was well worth the money we paid. Would come back again!

It does my head in when people moan about the coatis as they don't even bother you & I found they just made the place more interesting. Or the fact they have to walk for 2 minutes to get to the beach. They even put a free shuttle service on for people who can't walk 200 yards!

I will not rant on through the rest but will just go through the main points and give some tips. Enjoy:-

ROOMS - 8/10

Very big but slightly out dated look and the beds were quite hard. Free beer & pop in the fridge unlike some all inclusives

FOOD

Breakfast
V.good and there was a large variety of choice. 9/10

Lunch 8/10 Free icecream all day wooooow

main buffet 8/10

other restaurants 7/10
The Mexican was very poor, we decided we can make better Mexican food ourselves!

Service 10/10
All staff were excellent and v.polite.

Pool 7/10

Sometimes hard to get a decent sun bed. I recommend the beach as you can use the Riu Yucatans facilities while your down there and there are more beds

Entertainment 8/10

Most shows were either good or at least watchable, and the entertainment team work very hard to keep every1 entertained. Theres also a disco that opens until 2

the Grounds 10/10

Always spotless and the rooms are set in small blocks in between trees and gardens which are always being maintained. The coatis are also entertaining to watch BUT DONT FEED THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT they are like Gremlins when fed

OVERALL - 9/10

Other tips:-

Go on the Jungle Maya & Jungle tour speedboat trip if you have time they were fantastic,
and be aware chicen Iza was ok but it is a 3 hour bus ride away most reps don't tell you this!

5th avenue shops is only about a 25mins walk away and there is a coco Bongo nightclub also in Playa del Carmen (about 5 mins / 4 pounds in a taxi)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple