Having visited the Riu Tequila for a week in November 2011 and enjoyed so much we decided that it would be a must to revisit. We have just returned after a two week stay for what can only be described as brilliant! The staff once again were wonderful and the food superb. Even the most picky of eaters would find it difficult not to find something to their liking. I set myself a chanlleng of not eating the same evening meal twice and completed this with no problem at all. The weather was superb and the beach is one of the best we have ever been to. We had a room in another location from last time, which was identical. The maid/cleaning service was excellent. The hotel was alot busier than November with many Canadian and US quests but this did not detract from our stay. We did several trips. I can recommend a day at Explor and also the half day Speed Boat Safari. For the cutural side the long day to Chichen Itza must be one of the highlights of this area and is a must (alot better than the trip to Cobra). We did a visit to Cozomel Island which we booked our selves , walking into Playa del Carmen (a steady 30 minutes) and getting the ferry to Cosomel. Ferry trip takes about 45 minutes. Top tip have a look at the sea before you go, any white tops to the waves go another day unless you have strong sea legs!! The island is geared to the cruise ships with plenty of shopping opportunities for those like that sort of thing. I would not go again should I visit the area.
Most day trips seem expensive but the ones mentioned above provided excellent value for money.
I would without hesitation recommend this hotel for couples/families young and old who want a wonderful holiday, good food with plenty of places to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Tequila, is located approx. 800 m from the long, beautiful Playa del Carmen beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Hotel Riu Palace Mexico, Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Hotel Riu Yucatan and Hotel Riu Playacar hotels. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Playa del Carmen (3km) and Cancún International Airport (CUN) is approx. 55 km away. The hotel has 584 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities, set in 48,000 sq.m. of lush gardens. A luxurious golf resort is located nearby. There is a complimentary hotel shuttle to the beach. 2 outdoor pools, 1 children’s pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old) and for adults, day and evening entertainment, discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Asian, Mexican cuisine, Steakhouse, 4 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico