8,669 results
All reviewssports barmain restaurantthomson repsgreat holidaygolf buggyasian restaurantentertainment teamplenty of sunbedsevery other daypool restaurantshort walk to the beachthemed nightspalm treesevening entertainmentcancun airportsister hotelswimming with dolphins
Reviewed March 1, 2012

After booking a week here with thomson, and reading reviews I was very excited! The hotel and grounds are lovely - they are big but spread out and low rise buildings and all amongst palm trees so doesn't feel too touristy. This was my first time all inclusive and I was pleasantly surprised. It caters for every taste and you won't get bored! Would definitely recommend a night at the steak house - perfect end to our week! The drinks in your fridge and room are all complimentary and get refilled daily. Our rep matt was a delight and very helpful. Would recommend a trip to playa del carmen - plenty shops and bars with good food! it's a short taxi ride from the hotel or a beautiful walk along the beach. You are also allowed to use the facilities of the other Riu hotels- handy when you are at the beach. I would 100% recommend a trip to Tulum- it is STUNNING! My only negative was that 7 days is too short, and if you get the chance either upgrade flights with Thomson or fly with another airline as I didn't enjoy the flight with them.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Sandaig24
Reviewed February 29, 2012

It is not our rule to visit the same place, but since we had very good experience in Feb 2011, me and my husband decided to break a rule and go to the same place again. And we did correct decision, this time was even better. This hotel in a good place, very close to very nice beach, good food, very good management attitude to everything :) Just perfect place for the price you pay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Braske77
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at ClubHotel Riu Tequila Jan 15th-22nd. There is only word for this place and it is AMAZING! Everything was just perfect for us and our friends that joined us.

Check in was smooth and we asked to be located close to the pools and main hotel area. Our friends were in the block of rooms right behind us, so that worked out well.

From the very first encounter with the staff we knew we were going to have a good week. Orlando from the entertainment staff was so animated and fun to joke with and watch. We participated in a few of the pool activites, a few on the beach, and enjoyed the evening show. They really put a lot of time and effort in to their shows. Some shows were a bit cheesy but we still enjoyed everyone.

Our wait staff at every meal was great. Ceaser in the main buffet made every meal so fun. He is such a little cutie. The last night he was so sad to see us leaving, he gave all the women in our group a kiss on the cheek. He is just so sweet.

Bar staff in the pool area was just so much fun. Juan and Ricardo tended to our every drinking need. They made frozen 7up drinks for our kids, shots for the adults, and remembered everything we were drinking. So much fun to just hang out there.

Beach was a short walk and if anyone complains about it they are just lazy. The shuttle goes every few minutes so if walking is tough for you they will help you out.

Food was great even picky eaters will find SOMETHING that they will eat, rooms a bit out dated (new comforters could change that up) but who wants to be in the room anyways. Just disregard any negitive comments here...HONESTLY I can not come up with a single bad thing. We plan to make Tequila our home at least for one week a year from now on! WE LOVE IT!!!

Room Tip: We were in room 507 and 508. Right across from the pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Cancunnewbe
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at the Tequila from the 16th to the 22nd of February. I loved being able to use all of the Riu hotels. We spent a lot of time at the beach, which was so, so pretty. I loved the shady palm tree areas. My kids (7, 12) also had a great time but did not enjoy the kids club. They loved all of the animals on the gounds and there were a lot of other kids for them to play with at the pools. The food was very tasty and we ate at both the Steak House and the Japonese place in addition to the buffett. I did not get up early to make reservations. We never had trouble finding chairs by the pool or by the beach.

I loved being able to go for a run on the streets in Playacar every morning. It was a perfect vacation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank m0minmn
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Enjoyed our holiday at the Riu Tequila,no complaints about anything. The staff were all great, clean rooms and excellent food. I must recomend the Bamboo(Asian) ala carte resaurant, it was fantasic. We stayed two weeks and the weather was excellent. Took a trip to Cozumel which was a nice get away also, higher end jewellery shops there which my wife enjoys.The walk to the beach was very short also, don't let that detract you from booking at the Tequila, it's just across the road about a five minute walk and you still get to use the bars and restaurants at the RIU Yucatan or Playacar resorts at the beach.The Tequila is very lush with trees and vegetation on the resort which makes it very nice to walk on the grounds also, I recommend this resort to everyone young or old !

Room Tip: We had a unit off of the main walkway it was very quiet and lots of privacy. I would recommend a second floor room since we like to have the patio door open at nights.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends