Clubhotel Tequila is about 5-10mins walk from the beach, it is a large, clean, well run and efficient hotel. The rooms are a good size and are kept clean. It has over 600 rooms, so is quite a large hotel, however the staff at Riu operate a smooth and slick operation of running it smoothly and efficiently. The food quality and selection overall is good. The occasional downside is that Riu's main restaurant is buffett style. At peak eating times this can get busy, it therefore gets noisy and crowded and queues form for food, only once in our 2 week stay there did that really bother me, that was because the staff were slow at keeping the food supply topped up in the buffet, but the staff are working like crazy.
Alternatively there are a choice of 3 'a la carte' restaurants in the hotel. Booking system is strange with it having to be done at 7am each day for that night. The asian restaurant is not a la carte, just buffett, the mexican is buffett first course then becomes waiter service, and the steak restaurant is waiter service, in my opinion the best one is steak, followed by mexican. The beauty about these restaurants is there is not the noise and crowd of the buffet restaurant, and you can get to sit quietly and enjoy your meal more !
Not sure why they have optics in the room, you can drink plenty in the bars, a better idea would be to have maybe tea & coffee facilities in room and the mini bar fridge for beer & soft drinks and get rid of the spirits in the optics.
The area is clean and friendly. We used the facilities of the Riu hotel Yucatan and Playacar to eat during the day whilst at the beach and these were good. Beach is great, no problems with beds etc.
Staff were great at all the hotels we used. Entertainment was put on each night at the Tequila, the entertainment team work hard, some of the shows were better than others, but you can see whats coming on that night and if its not for you then just go elsewhere, a good time to try either the Yucatan or Playacar's bars. There is activities that you can do with staff during the day if you wish, there is no pressure to get involved, we did a couple of times and it actually was good fun, and quite good to get a bit active other than enjoying that sun, but you can either chill and do nothing except sunbath, or if you want to get more involved in activities its there for you.
We did visit Playa Carman one night, which was busy and lively, traders will ask you to visit there shops and stalls etc, a polite No is all that is need to stop them, but this happens a lot in the main parts. Its lively and tacky at the same time, so be warned !
Had a lazy two weeks and enjoyed it, a good way to get some warm sunshine and recharge those batteries, and for the price thought it was good value for money.
Hotel Tequila is more a family hotel, than for couples, however it is still a good hotel and excellent value for money.
If you want any other info, please PM me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico