Just got back from 2 weeks in the Riu Tequilla. I emailed the hotel before we travelled and asked for a quiet room and also told them it was our Aniversary. We had been given a quiet room and they had decorated it which was nice thank you Jessica. The room was spacious and kept spotless by the maid no bath tub but the shower was very good. The minibar was nice but had to keep asking for diet drinks. free digital safe iron and board. Spacious beds and good a.c.
The resort itself was good we tended to move around the three to find quiet spots to eat and drink. The pool and bar area around the Tequilla was very busy and no body seemed to leave the pool to go to the bathroom which put us off a bit. The pool at the Yucatan was a lot better and less busy the food on the lunch was better too. The good thing was that you could'nt reserve sun beds which was good idea. The beach was brilliant not a beach lover myself but really enjoyed the ocean the breeze was great and kept you cool.
The food was good the booking of the restuarants was a bit of a pain having to get up and standing in line at 7am. I think a telephone booking service would of been easier. The steakhouse Aisan and Mexican were good and all offered a vegatarian option as well if you asked. The wine and water was good with meal but could of done with more drink choices.
The drinks were good and the bar staff soon got to know your orders. We met some great Canadians who introduced us to the drink Tom Collins thanks Jeremy. You never had to wait long for a drink even at busy times. The best bar we found was the pool bar in the evening at the Tequilla we called it Rosy's bar beacause Rosy's made the best drinks around.
Never done any trips as this was our 5th visit to Mexico and we have done them before. There is little hut just outside the hotel by Starbucks which people said was good for trips. Went a walk to 5th avenue its fun they pester you a bit but a no gracias seemed to do the trick. As other people have said do not support these people who have the tigers and monkeys on leads its so cruel.
Overall a great holiday had met some great people and had a great time. There are enough places to eat and drink and good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico