We chose this hotel based on the reviews.
It is a nice hotel and the service from the staff was excellent.
Check in was very quick but delivery of our bags took a long time. The room had 2 small double beds pushed together for my wife, 10 year old daughter and myself. We had no problems with style or cleanliness of the room, just found the beds to be uncomfortable.
The pool is split either side of the pool resturant. A big plus was the hotel policy of not allowing the reserving of sun beds with items of clothing etc. We never had any problems with finding sun beds but people arriving later in the morning had to search for beds. There is a short walk to the beach or free ride in a golf buggy. Our problem with the beach was the lack of shade. None of the pool style thatched shades just palm trees. Other families that we spoke to had the same problem with keeping children out of the sun.
Food was ok, if you paid for the meal in a resturant you would not complain but you would not visit again. Biggest problem was the buffet in the evenings due to the queues. Tried the asian and steak meals which were again ok. Asian was a buffet style meal not much different than you could get in the buffet resturant. Steak grill was the best food we tried but there is a fixed menu, so on a return visit it is exactly the same starter, salad, soup and dessert.
Evening entertainment was mixed. Good early evening live music would be replaced at 2130 by out of time dancing to taped music. Expected a bit more from a big chain hotel.
The location of the hotel was great for varied excursions. We really enjoyed our holiday and will probally visit the Yucatan again but probally not in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico