A party of ten of us stayed at the RIU PALACE MEXICO in January , we went over to renew our wedding vows.
The majority of the guests are American and Canadian.
The hotel is lovely,ok , it's dated but that wasn't a problem, even for a fussy person like me, and its due to be refurbished later this year. The grounds are beautiful and make you feel so relaxed.
We didn't try the pool, just went to the beach, (it did tend to cloud over about 2-4pm maybe it's just the time of year) and it was a little warmer by the pool when the sun went in.
you could always get a drink on the beach they used to bring a selection around through out the day.
Spa: You can get a massage on the beach, expensive, but worth it. I went to the hairdressers in the Spa and I came out with what I wanted perfect even with the language barrier, that never happens at home ! !
We tried the Japanese, Krystel and the Steak house restaurants, all nice inside but the food and the service were not as good as the buffet, that's just a personal point of view.
Rooms kept clean and tidy by the room boy's, the bar staff always quick to serve with a smile.
Entertainment: good, not brilliant but the staff work so hard, and you can always go over the road to the Tequila for a dance.
The staff at this hotel are a real credit to it,from the catering staff,bar staff,waiters, room boys.. they all made our stay so good.
The only let down , are the Reception Staff,(it would depend who was on duty) they weren't interested or helpful. We did have a medical emergency one night,the man on reception was so slow to react and unhelpful that if we didn't have a nurse and a paramedic with our party who eventually got the lady to hospital I don't know what would have happened!
Trips: We went on the bar crawl, it cost for two people £90 UK pounds, you go to two bars and get watered down drinks then much later on in the evening to Coco Bongos,the 20year olds in our party liked it, but we thought it was a total Rip Off.
If you want to do any trips dolphin,catamaran etc come out of the hotel, turn right walk a few yards down the road, you will see some shops and kiosks you can book the Same trips at the kiosks for much less.
Finally, we renewed our wedding vows on the beach, Marco the Wedding co-ordinator made our day so special it was everything we wanted and more, the hotel staff also went that extra mile to make our day perfect.'
If anyone would like information on weddings please e.mail me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen