This is the second time I've vacationed at this resort. The location is excellent if you are looking for a mix of all-inclusive beach vacation and a bit of city fun in Playa del Carmen. The place is immaculately clean and the food is above average compared to other 5 star resorts. The rooms and some common areas need to be refreshed and it seems as if they are renovating room by room.
It is only a 30 minute walk through the gated Playacar community to the centre of Playa del Carmen with great restaurants and night life. It's only a 30 minute walk along the beach to the public beaches in Playa del Carmen which are great for people watching.
I will definitely return and would recommend this resort to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and RIU Hotels and Resorts so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen