The wife and I were looking to getaway for a quick, budget friendly vacation in Playa and this place was exactly what we were looking for.
Location was right in the heart of everything without knowing it. 1/2 block from 5th ave and shops and restaraunts but you would never know it. The hotel itself is a charming little oasis and the beach is a short 10 min. walk.
The staff couldnt be any friendlier and were very helpful with any questions we had.
Our room was a little "rustic" with only a wall separating the bathroom so if youre uncomfotable with that, you might want to get a different room. As I said the rooms dont have any frills if thats important look elsewhere.
The "free breakfast was nothing more than bland pastries, toast, coffee and juices but you could order off the menu. We did not eat at the hotels restaraunt "mayan bistro" because had all a list of places we wanted to try before hand but the smells coming from the bistro were wonderful and I heard nothing but good things about the chef. Definately next time.
If youre going on your honeymoon maybe you wanted to spend more $$$$ and go all out on a big, fancy resort but if you just want to experience Playa without breaking the bank, look no further. Cant wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico