“Best hotel in Playa”
Review of Aventura Mexicana

Aventura Mexicana
Ranked #25 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I are staying in The Hotel Aventure Mexicana this week. have been toPlaya twenty plus Tim's but this will be the last hotel that I will ever stay at again. The service, housekeeping, and grounds are beautuiful and makes you feel at home. Mayan Bistro restaurant on the hotels bound by far has some of the best food and excellent quality with great service.
You want makes mistake if you choose this hotel,if you like the at home feeling.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sablemoon

Reviewed 13 August 2013

For our first trip to Playa del Carmen my wife and I decided we didn't want a big all inclusive out of town but a place to check out the interesting restaurants, shops, music, and bars along 5th Ave. We chose Hotel Aventura Mexicana a half block away from the noise of 5th Ave. and a short walk to the beach about a 5 minute walk for most, 15 to 20 for a limping old man like myself. The walk is worth it for the view if you know what I mean?
Not only is the hotel in the right spot but it is a bargain, the rates are reasonable and once you enter the lobby you know you chose the right spot. From the open double doors you can see the beautiful trees, bushes, and flowers in the garden with the kids’ pool and water fall. Separate on the other side is the adult pool also in a garden with winding stairways to the 2nd floor sun deck with nice Mexican tiles and concrete flower pots. An outdoor shower by the pool is handy and made with local stones set in a cool pattern. The whole place is spotless, well maintained, pools cleaned everyday with a great staff in all areas from the expert gardener to the ladies that take care of the rooms.
There are 2 pools as I said the kids pool is in one court yard and the adult pool is on the other side through a very short hallway into another beautiful courtyard garden with the pool surrounded on one side by plants and palms. There’s not a lot of lounge chairs because space is limited but there are comfortable chairs and tables for snacks. You never feel crowded and there is a 2nd floor sundeck if you want to sit in the sun. The pool is large enough and very clean with walk in steps and tropical music in the background.
The rooms are nice and neat with flat screen TV, phone, safe, wi-fi, comfortable air conditioning, and they offer organic soaps and shampoo, one thing they could use is more places to hang clothes they’re a little short on hangers. I had to complain about 1 thing.
The restaurant in the hotel is very well known in town and is called the Mayan Bistro where meals are prepared by an excellent chef, named Rosendo and his staff. The hotel basic rate comes with a continental breakfast of toast, coffee, yogurt and small cakes. The hotel offers a package called a VIP for about $50 per person per day minimum 3 days which includes freshly prepared breakfasts of eggs, fruit, etc, lunches, and dinners of delicious high quality seafood, vegetarian, and almost any type of food you crave prepared with a creative touch for example (mashed potatoes with spinach and cheese) muy rico. On top of that, all top shelf alcoholic beverages are included as well. If you walk around town and have a couple meals and a few drinks your bill right there is more than $50. Throw in a few afternoon beers, a couple of margaritas, a pina colada, and a mojito prepared by bartender artist Jorge; you’ve got yourself a bargain. The restaurant serving staff of Dora, Sara, Gabi, and Niko (Gabi’s dad), are great people and very knowledgeable about all things Playa.
The front desk staff of Pepe and Enrique took care of any travel arrangements, beach club coupons, and towels. Check in and check out was a breeze.I did not take advantage of the spa services but I did look in and the spa area appeared to be very relaxing. I can’t say enough good things about the hotel; I plan to go back hopefully soon.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the first floor close to the pool because I have a hard time getting around bu...
4  Thank MikeMcDChicago
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at Hotel Aventura Mexicana from Aug 3 - Aug 7 2013. The hotel is 1/2 a block from 5th Ave and 2 blocks from the beach. The location is excellent as many suggest. The hotel is private with outstanding service. The grounds are well maintained and clean. The A/C worked very good, which is a necessity in Playa. The restaurant (Mayan Bistro) was excellent and low priced. Nicholas (in the Mayan Bistro) gave outstanding service and Chris was always making sure guests were satisfied. I would recommend this hotel to others and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the honeymoon suite and it was large and spacious.
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Cute hotel. Excellent location of 5th Street. Nice pool. Clean Rooms and bathrooms. Helpful staff. Kid friendly. "free" Continental breakfast needs some work as it is very spartan (some wheat toast would be an upgrade on the breakfast!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I called yestereday August 5th from the US, to see if Aventura Mexicana had a room available since it wouldnt say on their website. I told them that I was on their web page and there was a promo code "SUMMER" to get a room for $59/night but the guy over the phone (his name was Luiz Ortiz) told me that the promotion didnt show up on the website that he was looking at, so they wanted to charge double the price. I also sent them an e-mail 4 days ago and they STILL haven't replied.

I really wanted to book with them, but they have the worst customer service. I'm just going to find another hotel.

3  Thank Natalia S
rsmearing, General Manager at Aventura Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Hi Natalie,

Upon reading your review, not only did I, the GM of the hotel, reach out to you, but one of the members of the hotel ownership group also tried reaching you via TripAdvisor with no success. The reason we did not show availability on the website when you checked online or when our staff checked your requested dates was the promotion dates started on September 1st and was not available in August. Had we been able to contact you, we would have extended the promotional offer to you even though it was not being offered for your travel dates. Considering you are unreachable and you never stayed at our hotel, we feel your "review" is unfair and unjustified.

To all of our future travelers, please do not hesitate to contact me directly rsmearing@aventuramexicana.com should you encounter any challenge during your booking process, during the time leading up to your stay, during your stay or after your stay. My team and I are committed to ensuring you have a great vacation in Playa!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from July 5 through July 11 2013. This was in the middle of the summer so I will address the air conditioning first. The air worked perfectly in our room. We never had a problem cooling off the room after a long day in the sun. We stayed in the honeymoon suite room400 on the adults-only side.

The hotel was quiet until around 7 or 8pm. Then the hotel next door would turn on their music. We could hear it in our room. The music was loud enough that we could hear it but not loud enough that we could not sleep through it. They turned down the music promptly around 10pm each night.

Our room was right outside the patio of the Mayan Bistro. This was a perfect location because we could us the free wifi from the restaurant. The hotel wifi did not work in our room.

The only flaws of the hotel were the bathroom and the bed. Yes the bed was firm; too firm for my liking. After day three I began to have lower back pains. I have never had back pains before. The bathroom had a pony wall. So you already know if someone had to “use” the bathroom the person in the bedroom would suffer. We knew this beforehand and used scented spray. However no one wants to “hear” another person using the bathroom

Even with those two things said, I would stay here again. The workers at the hotel were the best. Very helpful and polite. They even booked an excursion for us when our original company did not show up. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Their are only a handful of English channels but we never had a problem finding something to watch.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
rsmearing, General Manager at Aventura Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Hola Adrienne M,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us but I am sorry that you did not sleep as well as you should have due to a firm bed. Having the right bed types for all guests is always a challenge for hotels in general. It is very important to us that our guests enjoy a great night’s sleep so we have multiple types of mattresses and foam tops available at request. As a note for all future travelers we highly encourage our guests to let us know how we can make their stay more comfortable. We have on many occasion switched mattresses to best accommodate our guests. We will do whatever we can to improve your vacation experience!

As several guests have noted many of our rooms have bathrooms with pony walls (3/4 walls). Based on the feedback we have received regarding this preference we now have equally as many rooms with enclosed bathrooms so please be sure to let us know what you would like at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate.

We look forward to seeing you again Adrienne M and wish you and your family all the best!

Rob

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at Hotel Aventura in July. We are very picky when it comes to hotels because we want them to be very very clean. The cleaning staff did an exceptional job every day! The room is simple, but very comfortable. Other reviews mentioned the open bathroom and the sliding glass door so we were ready for that. The bed was not the most comfortable, but it was fine. The hotel staff were all very friendly and very helpful. Adding on the VIP package is more than worth it. The VIP package gave the hotel a B&B feel. We ate our meals with the same families every day and spent hours talking with them. The pools and courtyards were very relaxing. It was a great peaceful paradise in the heart of the busy town. We are planning on staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013