we are only three days into our week long stay and things will have to change dramatically or there is not a chance we will ever come back. the list of benefits of the "family concierge" is endless... but the list of actual benefits delivered... quite short.
we were dropped at the front entrance after arranging our own transportation from the airport. after waiting in line for 20mins we learn there is a special check-infor the FC guests. 30mins later we are at another desk, learning that 400 of our 700 usd coupon book is only for room upgrades. wept to stayinour two double bed room - not perfect for a family of 5.... but not willing to pay 1200 usd to upgrade.
the FC desk is supposed to assign us a personal concierge - still not sure who that is... the walkie-talkies are set to a channel that no one answers. we have been trying for 2 days to figure out who makes the diving reservations... and after being sent to the on-site centre that is always closed... and then to the beach that said every day at 10am... but had no sign up sheet... and then hearing the harbor was closed... we finally have reservations with a centre in town that leaves at 8am and we need our own taxi.
dinner is an even greater adventure... we had reservations for two families and due to small children...requested before 7pm... the first night they made for 8pm at the Bana... and when we got there it was only older children allowed... and they didn't have the reservation made by the FC in any case. luckily, a brilliant manager saved the day... but that had nothing to do with the FC program.
we do like the beach. love the sand. the FC area pool is warm. the pirate ship pool is cold but a favorite of the kids. the all-inclusive drinks are good. kids love the cotton candy, the crafts and the snow cone machine. the restaurant selection...when you can get a reservation... are spectacular.
will comeback and amend after the diving and if the FC is ever delivered properly. will also review the other dining areas on the property. safe to say...after day 2... we won't becoming back. if we do... we will not be overpaying for the FC program that promises a lot and delivers little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico