The 4 block drive to hotel from the main road: Have you ever been to TJ's worst neighborhoods, where poverty and vandalism is the representation to the tourist? Welcome back!!!! I had read a review in another travel web-site from a man from Venezuela and he described it to the T. Because the hotel is new, I said, "It can't be that bad"...it was. Do your homework the area is called "Colonia Colosio". No where near the tourist area.
My slogan for this city is: "Lo sentimos (we're sorry), mil disculpas, (1000 sorrows), no se puede (not posible)”
For starters the only rooms with beach front view, are the time-share units, the rest 90% have side view of the ocean’s horizon if you’re lucky.
The pool: Wait...there’s a pool?
Worst beach ever, nowhere to swim because it’s all rocks and there’s JELLY FISH!!!!!
Resort surrounded by jungle. Mosquitoes, mosquitoes, mosquitoes, mosquitoes. Did I mention the mosquitoes? And they love outsiders blood especially children’s.
Check-in: We arrived around 8:00PM, two desk attendants (not rush hr) we waited 20 min for 2 guests to be checked in. Very politely, “David” would not honor the free upgrade that came with my package from Orbitz.
The service was very unpredictable and inconsistent; we either got red carpet or “I don’t even see you” service. Policies varied from employee to employee. I asked a concierge agent for the GM’s name and she did not know it.
I noticed that in the “only adult” side of the resort, the employees seemed more prepared to serve and physically did not look native.
The following day we had breakfast at Naos restaurant. I asked for coffee, it came with no cream. I asked 3 different people for the cream and never came. Finally our waiter came, the coffee was cold enough for me to dip my fingers in it; I was P@@@@@ and another waiter near us commented to another waiter “the broad is pissed because of the coffee” in Spanish, and laughed.
I am so sorry I picked this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Prodigios Interactivos SA so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico