Just spent our 30th wedding anniversary here and loved every minute of it.
really smooth and soon taken off to our room by a very pleasant bell boy who pointed out places of interest on the way.
comfortable room, no problem with the beds and had a great nights sleep. Rooms are spacious with a king size bed, free safe, flat screen tv and free mini fridge, stocked daily with beer, water and soft drinks.
There is also a coffee maker, iron and ironing board.
A good size walk in shower, but no bath. Plenty of toiletries....shampoo, gels, conditioners etc.
Three ALC restaurants, the Italian was our favourite. Plenty of choice at the buffet restaurant where there are foods that the chef will cook to order...certainly no need to go hungry.
Quite low key with shows put on in the theatre by a really enthusiastic entertainments team who work really hard and are really nice people who take the time after their shows to ask your opinion.Show lasts about an hour and they then have an outside disco and the odd night of karaoke but it's all over by midnight.
Gardeners work hard all day to keep this resort spotless and the grounds are really nice with plenty of local wild life dotted about, all totally harmless and you are in the tropics so you will naturally come accross the odd bug or two.
Stays open till about 2am, bar staff and waitresses work exttremely hard and are always friendly. Free wi-fi in this area.
Not the best but the stretch in front of the dive centre is pretty good. It does suffer from seaweed after a storm for a couple of days but the cleaners are working hard to clean it.
two lovely pools, one large and one smaller one which houses the pool bar. Entertainments staff organise various activities here during the day and encourage you to join in but are not pushy. As for a previous comment about all the topless sunbathing going on... come on, a few women going topless is hardly worth the comments made.
All in all, this is a good value for money resort and somewhere we would be happy to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico