I recently got married at the Occidental Grand Xcaret (October 2011) and had the most fantastic, easy, perfect wedding. I could spend forever explaining the details, but the truth is the reason my wedding was perfect was because I had the help of an unbelievably talented wedding coordinator as well as the help of the incredibly gracious staff of the resort.
Marialma Ortiz coordinated everything down to the tee. In the months before the wedding, she and I emailed back and forth on a daily basis. She answered every one of my questions, regardless of how detailed or ridiculous they were and always contributed with additional ideas and issues I hadn't even thought of. She made me completely comfortable planning a wedding from so far away because she was always happy to help me work through any questions big or small. When we finally arrived at the resort a few days before the wedding, she had everything expertly prepared and coordinated, ready for final review and this level of organization allowed me to enjoy the days before my wedding worry free. She was never pushy but she was always direct and honest when I needed her advice. It was easy to trust her because she genuinely cares about making this day perfect in every way. She made me feel like my wedding was the only wedding she had to do, which is simply not the case. Her attention to detail is unsurpassed.
On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Luz were by my side when I needed them and I could trust them both to deal with any details that needed attention. Knowing that they was there allowed me to completely enjoy my wedding without worrying about anything. Having a wedding coordinator who is so happy to be doing this and who is so talented at it is a priceless resource that I could not have done without.
I also cannot say enough about the staff at the resort. Every single person I interacted with was genuinely helpful and always pleasant. They were responsible for the decorations and detailing and each person I interacted with treated everyone in our party like family. In the days before and after the wedding, the staff became more and more familiar and I found myself sharing stories with everyone, even the chefs responsible for cooking our wedding meal. The staff made our wedding feel even more like a big family party.
The wedding itself was simply perfect. The setting, the ceremony, the sunset cocktail hour and the reception were simply wonderful. I would recommend this resort for a wedding to anyone and I hope someone takes my advice seriously because I need to get back there soon. If a destination wedding is what you want, no one does it better than the Occidental Grand Xcaret.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Barcelo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret