“Great Value and Service”

Siesta Fiesta Hotel
Ranked #114 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Had yet another great stay at the Siesta Fiesta. Very nice quaint place with just about everything you need for a great value. The staff is the best. Friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going solo or as a couple.
Great job again Siesta Fiesta!!

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor rooms.
Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Siesta Fiesta Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I would give this hotel 5 stars except for the noise from the bar at night. For most of the evening it was quite pleasant to either sit on my balcony or at the bar and listen to the music and not loud in my room. Unfortunately, later at night there were a couple of bands that believe louder is better. The hotel does supply foam earplugs, but I recommend you invest in better earplugs if loud music will bother you at night.

Having said that, I highly recommend this hotel. The price was excellent and the rooms and facilities were very clean and well maintained. It is an older, traditional Mexican hotel that has taken care to update. The linens and pillows were nice, and although the coverlets were a bit cheap, it was nice to see that they were white and obviously cleaned often. The shower was hot; the air conditioning was cold. They allow smoking on the balconies, and provide ashtrays; you can also smoke at the bar although I am not sure at the tables. The restaurant/bar is in an open-air courtyard, so hopefully that won't bother the non-smokers too much.

The location is wonderful, and it's very close to Zenzi Beach Bar which I like very much - great staff, comfy beds, reasonable prices, good food and no cover. Nearby there is shopping that ranges from tacky fun souvenirs to local treasures and international calibre shopping.

But one of the best things about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was very nice and extremely helpful. The bar staff was great (although there was a small problem when I couldn't remember the Spanish word for cranberry juice - quickly solved when a bartender with better English helped us out). They were entertaining and very quick to serve. Three examples of customer service stand out.

First, when I arrived I asked if there was a good place to engage a taxi to go to 30th street as I wanted to go to a flower store there and also Mega. (The taxi drivers gouge you if you want to take a taxi from 5th Avenue.) The receptionist didn't tell me - he TOOK me to the corner and told me the taxi drivers would charge me 50 pesos. They did.

Secondly, I couldn't get the television to work. When I mentioned this at the front desk, the receptionist came to my room immediately, figured out what was wrong, and fixed it. Immediately! Unfortunately I couldn't find any channels with English subtitles, but I watched Warner with Spanish voice over and subtitles, which I counted towards learning Spanish - really, watching Friends in Spanish doesn't really need much knowledge of Spanish.

Third - The receptionist checked me in for my return flight, and printed it. She didn't seem to mind at all, although it took about 15 minutes. She printed off my confirmation and seemed rather embarrassed that I tipped her 100 pesos for the service. Unfortunately I was not able to use it to check in and had to go back to the desk to check in (no luggage), but Air Transat did honour my seat booking.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want or can't afford a resort.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Haligrrl
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Very clean. Great value. Perfect location. Good breakfast included. We stayed there on our last night in Playa Del Carmen. Convenient taxis nearby and great scuba shop less then a half block away. We would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMarrano
Reviewed 27 March 2017

The hotel is located in the center of Playa del Carmen, close to the beach, bars and shops... Very helpful and friendly staff .. Breakfast varied and very tasty .. Rooms pleasant... Live music was great...

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are louder to hear music ... The rooms on the floors have balconies wi...
Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna K
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We go to Fa many times during our vacation for drinks and the live music, we always have a good time listening to the bands, Mike Grabow is our favorite. Have to mention, in the past the washrooms were Mexican typical, but now they are spectacularly clean. Keep up the good work Fa!!! We have not eaten there but what comes out of the kitchen looks great.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2017

A very nice place to stay, live shows in the restaurant at evening time, good breakfast. Only one big problem, manager of the hotel Adi is pushing the clients to pay every day while she have the credit card for deposit, its annoying and shaming that every time you got into the hotel people ask you for the payment

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Great location and hotel staff. Restaurant downstairs was fantastic! Live music every night with exceptional menu. However, The safe stopped working and would not open, which was troublesome because our passports were locked inside. Also, the smoke detector began to beep every 5 minutes, signaling that the battery was low. When we told the front desk staff about these issues, they were slow to react, if at all. The safe was unlocked 2 days after we initially informed them and the smoke detector beeping was never fixed... The bed was also uncomfortable, but not really too much of an issue overall.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple