Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$494
US$359
  • Beachfront
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$350
US$250
Barcelo.com
US$359
US$228
Hotels.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$338
US$508
US$427
US$944
US$426
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$504
US$320
Priceline
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$424
US$342
US$221
US$179
Cancelon
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,363
US$844
Bookit.com
All reviewsperfect locationmusic stopsrock bandhotel is locatedwould highly recommend this hotelrooms are cleanwalking distancebandsfahreceptionistavenuemidnightbartenderacwaiters
Reviewed April 12, 2017

I would give this hotel 5 stars except for the noise from the bar at night. For most of the evening it was quite pleasant to either sit on my balcony or at the bar and listen to the music and not loud in my room. Unfortunately, later at night there were a couple of bands that believe louder is better. The hotel does supply foam earplugs, but I recommend you invest in better earplugs if loud music will bother you at night.

Having said that, I highly recommend this hotel. The price was excellent and the rooms and facilities were very clean and well maintained. It is an older, traditional Mexican hotel that has taken care to update. The linens and pillows were nice, and although the coverlets were a bit cheap, it was nice to see that they were white and obviously cleaned often. The shower was hot; the air conditioning was cold. They allow smoking on the balconies, and provide ashtrays; you can also smoke at the bar although I am not sure at the tables. The restaurant/bar is in an open-air courtyard, so hopefully that won't bother the non-smokers too much.

The location is wonderful, and it's very close to Zenzi Beach Bar which I like very much - great staff, comfy beds, reasonable prices, good food and no cover. Nearby there is shopping that ranges from tacky fun souvenirs to local treasures and international calibre shopping.

But one of the best things about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was very nice and extremely helpful. The bar staff was great (although there was a small problem when I couldn't remember the Spanish word for cranberry juice - quickly solved when a bartender with better English helped us out). They were entertaining and very quick to serve. Three examples of customer service stand out.

First, when I arrived I asked if there was a good place to engage a taxi to go to 30th street as I wanted to go to a flower store there and also Mega. (The taxi drivers gouge you if you want to take a taxi from 5th Avenue.) The receptionist didn't tell me - he TOOK me to the corner and told me the taxi drivers would charge me 50 pesos. They did.

Secondly, I couldn't get the television to work. When I mentioned this at the front desk, the receptionist came to my room immediately, figured out what was wrong, and fixed it. Immediately! Unfortunately I couldn't find any channels with English subtitles, but I watched Warner with Spanish voice over and subtitles, which I counted towards learning Spanish - really, watching Friends in Spanish doesn't really need much knowledge of Spanish.

Third - The receptionist checked me in for my return flight, and printed it. She didn't seem to mind at all, although it took about 15 minutes. She printed off my confirmation and seemed rather embarrassed that I tipped her 100 pesos for the service. Unfortunately I was not able to use it to check in and had to go back to the desk to check in (no luggage), but Air Transat did honour my seat booking.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want or can't afford a resort.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Haligrrl
Reviewed April 4, 2017

Very clean. Great value. Perfect location. Good breakfast included. We stayed there on our last night in Playa Del Carmen. Convenient taxis nearby and great scuba shop less then a half block away. We would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CMarrano
Reviewed March 27, 2017

The hotel is located in the center of Playa del Carmen, close to the beach, bars and shops... Very helpful and friendly staff .. Breakfast varied and very tasty .. Rooms pleasant... Live music was great...

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are louder to hear music ... The rooms on the floors have balconies with hammocks...
Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna K
Reviewed March 13, 2017

We go to Fa many times during our vacation for drinks and the live music, we always have a good time listening to the bands, Mike Grabow is our favorite. Have to mention, in the past the washrooms were Mexican typical, but now they are spectacularly clean. Keep up the good work Fa!!! We have not eaten there but what comes out of the kitchen looks great.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2017

A very nice place to stay, live shows in the restaurant at evening time, good breakfast. Only one big problem, manager of the hotel Adi is pushing the clients to pay every day while she have the credit card for deposit, its annoying and shaming that every time you got into the hotel people ask you for the payment

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple