“Excellent small, quiet hotel in a good location (between main walking street and the beach)”

Hotel Riviera del Sol
Ranked #38 of 217 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 10 January 2018

The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is excellent. We particularly liked the staff. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, including the breakfast staff, especially Daniel and Lupita, and the front desk staff, especially Sybil, Victor and Carolina. We also enjoyed two massages in the hotel, with Gabriela and two of her colleagues. Highly recommended! We went on a tour to Chichen Itza, which we do not recommend -- it was too long and too many people. Ask the front desk to arrange a smaller tour or a private tour instead. We also took Spanish lessons, which included a cooking lesson and a salsa dancing class, with the Taan language school. Also highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you do not use the air conditioner at night, you might hear some noise and music from the beach i...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
rivieradelasol, Gerente at Hotel Riviera del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you so much for your comments!
We hope see you soon!!

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We loved the Riviera del Sol. They were very accommodating of our family including three children under age 4. The breakfast was very nice. The courtyard with a small pool, outdoor shower, loungers, birds and tiny lizards, was well enjoyed by the kids. There is a lovely sitting area also on the second floor. Our room was large and very picturesque and we were all very comfortable. My son forgot his beloved blanket in the lobby and the staff very kindly sent it in a taxi to our next destination, which really saved us a lot of heartache. The best part was the tasteful details like the real tea lights in the courtyard at night, the wonderfully scented shampoo, the glassware. I will stay here every time I get a chance. Muchos gracias!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Conferenceweary

We are so happy to read your comment!
We hope see you soon!!!

Saludos amigos!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Found this hotel through Jetblue vaca packages. What a gem! Perfect location, helpful and friendly staff, incredible ambiance,and free delicious breakfast daily. We wanted for nothing. Highly recommend to all my favorite people.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
rivieradelasol, Gerente at Hotel Riviera del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for your comments!!!! We hope you visit us again soon!
Saludos!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I stayed at Hotel Riviera del Sol the first full week in November. I chose this hotel because of its excellent Trip Advisor rating and it's proximity to the beach clubs. It did not disappoint. Beautiful landscaping, clean, friendly and honest staff. I accidently left my safe open one morning with my laptop, iPad, iPhone, passport and a stack of cash that could have choked a goat. When I returned to my room, saw it was cleaned and the safe was open my heart skipped a beat. Luckily not a cent was missing. I tracked down the cleaning lady and she didn't even want to take my extra tip. What a saint! I'll be back.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for your comments!!!! We hope you visit us again soon!
Saludos!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We stayed here six years ago and were keen to reacquaint ourselves with the hotel.
The rooms were splendid and breakfasts were great, nothing was too much trouble, frijoles were not suitable for vegetarians, when I asked the cook happily made me my own portion without bacon.
The reception staff were very helpful, unfortunately I had an accident while visiting Xcaret so could not drive my rental car, the receptionists contacted the car rental company on my behalf and organised collection of the car and transport to the airport for myself and my family.

Room Tip: I think there was a bar on Calle 30 Nte that was quite loud (till midnight) so a room on the other s...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
rivieradelasol, Gerente at Hotel Riviera del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback!
We hope you are better and you want to visit us soon !.
Best regards!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We arrived too early to check in but the reception was wonderful. They held our luggage, gave us some good places to eat and told us our room would be ready by 2. After a bit of exploring, we came back and were showed to our room. Very nice and spacious. The hotel is so quInt and authentic. Location is off 5th Ave enough so it's not noisy but close enough to run up and get chocolate when you need it!
Breakfast was plentiful with an assortment of breads, fruit, cereal, egfs and juice. More than enough. The complimentary afternoon drink was much appreciated!
Bed was wonderful and the balcony was nice to enjoy our reading. Because we had some rain we didn't get to enjoy the pool much but it did look very inviting.
I did a lot of research to find the perfect place for us for a few days in Playa. This place didn't disappoint. We loved it and would definitely return.
Thanks Riviera del Sol.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
rivieradelasol, Gerente at Hotel Riviera del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you very much for your beautiful feedback.
We hope to see you soon here again!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We wish to recomand on this hotel and the hotel stuff and specially to thank Cevil, the precious manager. We came to check in after we did a research and visited in many hotels. None of the hotels was worthing the price and the energies, until we arrived here. We got breakfast included, buttle of taquila, great service with alot of smiles and patience, information about the tour, room cleaning and more. In the begining we booked for 5 nights and then extanded it to additional 2 nights. With any question that we had we recived help by the hotel stuff and the manager Cevil. The hotel is so comfortable and close to the center of tourism activity on the fifth. We recomand to any visitor to try this hotel! It will no doubt upgrade your vacation. We had so much fun. Thank you so much!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Beautiful comment! We hope to see you soon here again!