Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$232
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$271
Official Website
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$312
  • Pool
US$399
US$378
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$464
BanyanTree.com
US$331
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$289
  • Beachfront
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$142
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$778
1,253 results
All reviewsfishermen's villagetres riosactivities directormember servicestimeshare ownerswelcome partythrough rciwalk into townall inclusive plangated communitysecond homefull kitchenthe wait staffgreat beachwater aerobicsbedroom suitethird floor
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm amazed at the negative reviews for Fisherman's Village. I couldn't disagree more. We stayed with our two boys in a private unit (penthouse 351) with wonderful decor, an updated kitchen with granite, stainless and new appliances and had the best views. We could sit on the balcony and see the lights of Cozumel at night. We even had some great meals at Fisherman's (especially breakfast!) but strolled into town each night and picked a different restaurant each night.

Juan, Marical, German, and Luis are all wonderful! Luis is the activites director and has been at Fisherman's Village for years. He remembers everyone's name, plays tennis with the guests, plays Texas Hold 'em, has margarita tastings and has activities for the kids such as volleyball, soccer, sand-castle building, flag football, etc.

Our boys checked out boogie boards and snorkel gear for free and we all went kayaking. We also checked out their free bikes to get into town in 5 minutes when we didn't feel like making the 10 minute walk.

I enjoyed the best massage right at Fisherman's village listening to the surf! I almost fell asleep it was so calming.

Compared to the properties we've stayed "in town" we think this atmosphere fits what we are seeking so much more because Fisherman's is in a gated community and quiet but close enough to 5th Ave to get to all the shops and restaurants when we want "action". We stayed at Luna Encantada a couple of years ago and had to endure fire dancers, drums, and the techno beat until 2 am! That might be great for the younger 20 somethings but not us.

Give Fisherman's a try.....we loved it!

Room Tip: Find a private owner that you really like the quality of the decor and the views and amenities, each one is unique.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Snoozie-cakes
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I am staying in Playadelcarmen for 4 months. Having condsidered staying here I took a bike ride in. I had only just stopped for a brief second , wanting to get a brochure. Not even off my bike I was vey promptly and rudely showed where to put my bike,with the scooters, by Marcios. I said I wasn't staying and would just like a brochure as I was considering staying here next time. He continued to be rude and him and the other fellow laughed as I left. I think I will cross this place off my list.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PiscesLady
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

We are really sorry to hear of the first impression you had while visiting Sunset Fishermen. The issue you mention has been addressed and reported to the management. We can assure you that it is not our policy to treat our guests in this way. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope you will make Fishermen’s Village your next vacation destination.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

From the year 1999 we vacation every year in Quintana Roo, since we discovered Sunset Fishermen In Playa del Carmen we go there yearly the staff are friendly, we learned that the hotel did some renovations and upgrades of the rooms, we love the idea of optional meal plan because on 5th Ave there are lots of international restaurants it is a must to eat out at night, we drive up from Belize it's nice to visit the attractions and get around at your own pace , the beaches are beautiful.
Fel Williams

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Felwell

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear you enjoy your Vacation wtih Sunset Fishermen.
Looking forward to continue providing you with the memorable vacation experience we have become known for.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We visited Fisherman's Village, because we own a time share in the Sunset group, and had not been to Playa del Carmen. We had a one bedroom, 2 bath unit with another smaller 1 bedroom unit for friends. Unfortunately, there were no elevators and we were on the third floor, with our bedroom another flight up. Since I have problems, with my knees, this made negotiating the stairs a real problem by the end of the week. The main room and kitchen was very spacious, with balconies on both levels and a great view of the ocean, however our unit was in dire need of maintenance. The furniture was dirty, the safe didn't work, the light in the stairwell was out, no rails on the stairs, and the air conditioning in the second unit was problematic. The meal plan was mandatory for us and only $49/day/person, but it included only breakfast and either lunch or dinner. The buffet food was just so-so, but you could make reservations at the Italian restaurant. That food was very good, although the menu was limited. I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff, though. When they discovered we liked a particularly picante pico de gallo, they made it for us at every meal. The beach is one of the best in the area and there were plenty of loungers. The resort is in a gated area, about a mile from the gate and town. The shuttle ran only twice each morning and did not return you to the resort, so you had a long hot walk or had to pay a taxi $6 for that mile. There was nothing to see or do closer the resort. We did take a tour to Tulum, which was very beautiful, but smaller than Chichenitza and lacking the stone carvings and interesting history found there. If the food were better or our unit maintained I would have rated this resort higher. It definitely did not measure up to the other Sunset resorts we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Be sure you are comfortable negotiating stairs several times a day or book a unit on the first floor. All main rooms have balconies and a view of the ocean, but smaller rooms face parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

looking forward to next years trip. Rooms are spacious, with excellent views (and sounds) of the ocean. never a crowd at the beach. plenty of good restaurants nearby. great aviary within walking distance, with parrots who don't know "hello", but do great with "ola"

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends