1,253 results
All reviewsfishermen's villagetres riosactivities directormember servicestimeshare ownerswelcome partythrough rciwalk into townall inclusive plangated communitysecond homefull kitchenthe wait staffgreat beachwater aerobicsbedroom suitethird floor
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I was resistant to an all inclusive stay but my group loved it. The staff was helpful, responsive, and very concerned we had the best vacation ever. I really felt like I was leaving family. We did not want to leave!! We will go again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 19, 2017

The staff at this resort makes you feel like you are their only guest. Anselmo in the towel section was fantastic.
Rigoberto, Marlene, Adan, Pedro y Laura made each meal at their great restaurant more enjoyable. They always made sure our four children were quickly attended to which made my wife and my meal more enjoyable.
Absalon, the life guard, was knowledgeable and king when my daughter got a sunburn.
Karen in reception helped us with all sorts of reservations and activities outside the hotel.
Victor and Julian in A & B made arrival and departure seemless.
All in all, one of the best hotels we have ever styed at

Room Tip: Top floor suite facing the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2017

My friend and I stayed the first week of September. Marcial and Enselmo were waiting to greet us with their wonderful warm smiles! It's one of my favorite parts of the trip. They treat us like family and are so welcoming. The entire trip was wonderful! Miguel is always helpful getting us the perfect rooms. He never disappoints.
Hotel Service: Great - My toilet was not working the greatest the first day and they were there to fix it within less than ten minutes. In the middle of the week, my refrigerator was leaking and they were there within five minutes.
Service: Lobby bar, the main restaurant and the pool restaurant service was always great! Fast, accurate and friendly. Great service for breakfast from Pedro and Adan, along with the wonderful omelette maker, Josue. Perfect omelettes every time. We had great bartenders in the lobby bar - Carlo during the day and Erick in the evening! Our usual waiter during the day down by the beach was Julian and he gave us amazing service and was always in a good mood. Restaurant Manager, Adrian, was so accommodating. Helped us schedule an amazing lobster and steak dinner. Great service from Saul that night! I can't forget the woman who always greeted us in the main restaurant and I hope I have her name correct when I say Marlene - she was so friendly and always had a smile for us. Food really good! No complaints. We ate there for all of our meals all week. Wonderful dinner on an Asian night and had Jorge as our waiter - again, wonderful service and so kind and helpful! These people are all so good at their jobs. They make us feel like they really want to be there! Please tip them well - we want them to stay! They deserve the best because they give you their best all day long!
Pool was fun - we loved Victor! We were whining about doing aerobics in the pool and he moved it all out to the ocean for us! Thank you, Victor! bsalon, the lifeguard deserves a thank you too - he works hard every day and also takes people out sailing after 5. We met a new friend there that was having an eye problem and he sat with her for a long time trying to put drops in it and fixing her problem. She was fine by the next day.
We loved Aurora - the woman that spends hours out by the pool painting bowls and letting you paint one. She is the best! We wanted to wrap our items in bubble wrap to get them home and Marcial and Pedro helped us get bubble wrap - and when I say they "helped us," I mean that Pedro actually went to Home Depot and got it for us on his time off. I can't tell you how wonderful this staff is.
Rooms – Love the rooms! Great views - so close to the ocean. We were able to sit on the balcony at night and listen to the waves and look at the full moon over Cozumel. Beautiful. It's a very close walk into town to Fifth Avenue and we did that a lot. It's the perfect location. We can't wait to go back. I hope we find that all of our friends are there when we return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to this resort for 17 years, sometimes 3 times per year. Yes the rooms could use remodelling but they are clean and million dollar views. Staff are awesome!!! Cannot not do enough for you. Please tip generously. Terri the new manager, Miguel member services and Maricel our lovely greeter bend over backwards. This is not a party place. Ten minute walk to town and as close to the ocean as you could dream of. Food much improved. As close to heaven as you can get!!! If you come please be as kind to these people as you would be to your own family.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SunsetFishermen, General Manager at Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear guest_

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It has always been our pleasure to be your host adn we really appreciate your nice comments specially about our staff whom we are proud of and for considering Sunset Fishermen a place close to heaven.

Come back soon remember your little piece of heaven is waiting for you.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Love the location of this resort so close to shopping and restaurants and the beach is so beautiful. I love the newly remodeled restaurant. The staff is excellent. However some of the units really need to be upgraded.

Room Tip: Towels and linens need to be replaced
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest:

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to read you were able to see our remodeled restaurante and experienced our Mexican hospitality.

Come back soon it will be our pleasure to be your host again.