The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$356
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$276
US$211
Barcelo.com
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$294
Melia.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$419
US$319
  • Beachfront
US$391
US$341
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$312
US$271
US$137
Hotels.com
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$177
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$203
BestDay.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,177
US$797
Bookit.com
1,240 results
All reviewsfishermen's villagetres riosactivities directormember servicestimeshare ownerswelcome partythrough rciwalk into townall inclusive plangated communitysecond homefull kitchenthe wait staffgreat beachwater aerobicsbedroom suitethird floor
Reviewed May 6, 2010

We loved the Fisherman's because it was resort-like but, wasn't crowded, it was close
enough to downtown yet, set in a neighborhood versus a main resort drag, the
staff was fantastic and helpful, and the breakfasts were outstanding! And unlike a hotel, 5 of us could all stay in 1 condo! We had 2 bedrooms, a pull out couch, 2 bathrooms, and a full size kitchen. Of course, the beach huge and was out of this world.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We found Sunset Fishermen after being advised to visit the hotel by the VIP manager at Hacienda Tres Rios and we were so glad we did. When you walk in through the double wide open front doors and see the beautiful mermaid sculpture with the pool in the distance and the white sand and beautiful water beyond you'd think you had gone back in time 20 years. My friend and I spend everyday afterward at Fishermen. It was exactly what we had been looking for in a resort. Yes it is older but you really get the flavor of Mexico and because it is smaller, the customer service was fantastic and personal. We had lobster dinner that was fabulous and ate breakfast and lunch there as well. Everything was excellent....

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Positives:
Small size
Beautiful location
Well-kept common areas
Mostly friendly staff.

Negatives:
Lies and deceptions from warm and friendly sales people who are very good at what they do...convincing people to buy immediately
Poor availability of weeks when you want to visit
"Use or lose" policy on free/bonus weeks even if no weeks are available at all Increasing maintenance charges while room maintenance deteriorates
Little to no help with concerns expressed to the on-site manager
20 minute minimum walk to get out of the Village

We have been owners for a few years now and the situation is always the same....
upon arrival you are shuttled into a room for lunch where you are given "another" sales pitch selling their food and drink program and "upgrades" to your current ownership status. Only after this are you allowed to go to the room you are assigned.

This time, we did not agree to purchase anything additional. The room we were assigned to was off to the side of the building with a limited view. Within moments, I noticed that we had no hot water and the bathroom window had a broken frame. I reported this immediately and was told it would be taken care of tomorrow. I called back the next afternoon and asked when the repairs would be done. They sent a man up to look at it and then he left. I called again and was told it would be taken care of soon. We went the entire week without hot water or a window that opened. The lack of hot water combined with next to no water pressure and a plugged drain also made the spa on the balcony impossible to use as well.

Another issue was the hot tub in the swimming area. It had a sign that clearly stated no children allowed. Yet many 3-4 year olds played in the hot tub alone, while their parents read books in their lounge chairs. When this was pointed out to the staff, they said they would enforce the rules. They never did.The children were never asked to leave an were back in the tub each of the following days. I did not use it because it was impossible to relax with the kids splashing, yelling and I was also concerned about how much pee was in that tub!

Our king size bed was actually two beds put together. The sheets were too short and did not cover the entire mattress. I asked for proper fitting sheets, but they were never provided. After a while the management got tired of my concerns and would just hang up or disconnect me when I called for service.

BOTTOM LINE
Don't count on getting what you are told you will at Fisherman's Village!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank diane_rains
Reviewed February 8, 2010

well this adventure started in May 2008 while trying to get out of the airport we were surprised with venders trying to sell us timeshares. "just say no" or your will end up like me going to SUNSET FISHERMEN'S RESORT, and listening to there sales pitch which lasted for 2-3 hours. I finally had enough and started to leave when there was one more trick up there sleeve as they sent the top dog out "JUAN CARLOS MORALES" as he talked me into a 10 week agreement for the mere price of 3,000 US DOLLARS. I have tried to cancel this agreement and haven't received any responses. I have decided to try to use the membership I purchase and every time I talk to a salesman through the VIP-TRAVEL CLUB network the extra amount of money it would cost for food etc..would cost considerably more than I paid for the membership..This Cancum experience was a wake up call on how these destinations do business. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OR YOU WILL BE WRITING THIS MESSAGE..THANKS

Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
6  Thank donnyb_08
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Great stay at Fishermans Village
No sales people pushing timeshare ownership
Small enough you do not have to walk miles to get from the pool to your room/ocean
Quiet enough the kids could play on their own without worrying about safety.
Loved having the kitchen to prepare some meals and snacks for the kids.
nice 10 min, walk to town on a quiet beach front lane.

only negative I found is the rooms are getting a little out dated, time for a facelift

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family