My boyfriend and I stayed at Playa Maya Hotel in August of 2011. We were there for 7 nights and enjoyed the hotel very much. As said in many other reviews, the staff are so friendly and welcoming - especially Juan. When we were leaving the hotel to go home, we forgot a bag of clothes in the room, and Juan came all the way to the bus station to bring us the bag of clothes. What other hotel staff member would do that for a guest?
The beach is beautiful, and the proximity to fifth avenue is awesome.
If there were one thing I would change, it would be to have an all-inclusive option. That was the ONLY drawback for us. Please let me know if this ever changes and we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico