My wife and her friend booked this trip as a couples excursion to Cancun. After getting a fantastic value from the resort for the hotel and flight, we were on our way a few weeks ago. The resort itself is not the biggest of those listed, but does offer anything to your hearts content.
Before I really get into how great this resort is, let me just mention that we are more pool people then beach people. The beach here was devastated by hurricane in the gulf late last year, and they are working hard to replenish the sand and make it much better then it currently is. If you and your significant other are looking for long walks on the beach or sitting by the beach all day, this may not be your destination. There are some great cabanas and chairs by the ocean, however, you've only got a good five to ten feet of sand seperating the ocean from the start of the grass to the pool.
That said, if you are a pool or 'pool bar' kind of person, this resort is right up your alley. Large pool area with appropriate in and out of water bars for those who don't want to get wet. This is a sunbathers paradise, as there's only a small portion of pool that's obstructed in the morning by shade. Great lounges and bar services right at your chair is the perfect touch.
Let's talk a little about your food and beverages, only one out of the six restaurants we ate at could we say something bad about. The rest were absolutely perfect. The Oceana especially was great for the Oceanview and Himitsu had a dynamie hibachi setup if that's your sort of thing. Drinks at the pool were the best quality I've had, and I've been to six other Caribbean destinations. Really use great liquors for mixed drinks and have some great original ideas for their resort.
We upgraded our room when we got there and had a pool/ocean view. Room was really nice and had a huge comfy King size bed along with a fully stocked mini bar, with new beers and airplane liquors every day. Tip the chambermaid a few bucks more, and you'll get 2x the stuff, no problem. The one area of my room I did not like was the go between from the bedroom to the bathroom. The frosted glass door with no fan does not offer much privacy for those who need 'to go', and can be a bit distracting if someone's getting ready.
Staff at the resort was friendly from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Polite, and english speaking guests can feel comfortable without trying Spanish. The entertainment while we stayed included a Pirate Themed night and a Mayan show, also including various events throughout the day (including a Texas Hold 'em tournament great for the guys or gals)
Spa was one extra my buddy and I splurged on for our wives. Said it was worth every penny and that the treatments were better then some that our wives had in the States. Good to know, because while nice, treatments can be pricy. Try to take advantage of the deals they have which will be advertised on the daily newsletter you get in your room.
Overall, Secrets Capri was a great experience for my wife and I, and a great trip to take in February. I heard many say that we shouldn't go to Cancun, but we had zero problems our entire trip while we were there. I highly recommend looking into any of the Secrets locations while in Mexico, but Capri is great for those who like to relax, enjoy the pool, and appreciate the type of value that they can receive in a trip to Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun