“I book my reservation online for 4 adults...”

Hotel Las Golondrinas
Ranked #99 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“I book my reservation online for 4 adults...”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I book my reservation online for 4 adults and I got an standard room instead of the suite, this wasn't the worst part we got the std. room the air conditioner was broke, the specifications said 2 queen size beds, we only get one queen and one individual and we were 4 people . The host at the reception has to do everything he fix our air condioner, our bathroom, our door , the "submanager" Lic. candy or something waas soo busyy to solve our problems....Well not a good hotel at all

4 Thank Vanholls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Location:
For 11 nights I stayed at Las Golondrinas: the hotel is 5 min walk to the beach and 1 block from the main tourist street of 5 Ave. There are various restaurants where the locals eat scattered on the same road and around, there is a huge supermarket/mall called Mega 1 minute walk on the same road. Summary: ideally located away from the main noise of 5 Ave but central to everything you need.

Services:
As I needed to study Spanish, I asked for a quiet room and this was obliged. The linen is washed daily unless you place a sign for 'save water' on the bed. The rooms are thoroughly cleaned, and overlook the central courtyard/pool. TV, hairdryer and safety deposit box included. Internet is free at Reception. Improvements: lighting, I agree with earlier comments that the lighting in the rooms are quite poor. Also, the pool is in the central courtyard and does not receive much sunlight hence sunbathers best go to the beach.

Breakfast:
Served at the adjacent restaurant: apart from the fruit, there was a lack of healthier options: cakes, yoghurt for cereals such as cornflakes, cheerios and rice crispies, and small slices white bread. The coffee is very weak. However, they do offer lovely pancakes known as 'hotcakes' and for a tiny fee of 10 Mexican pesos you can order scrambled eggs - well worth it. Again the service was excellent.

Overall:
As a single female, I would definitely return and stay at Las Golondrinas. Candy and Lucrecia work in the mornings and are extremely helpful. Arturo does the evening shift and provided many tips for me. Thanks to all of them.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Ivana Z
Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I really enjoyed myself at this hotel. The staff were awesome and friendly, the maid was thorough and adapted to our ocd needs very easily. The location was just a short walk to the main thoroughfare and the beach and was near the mega mart and some really nice local restaurants.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank somethingflashy
uk
Reviewed 24 February 2010

We had a good holiday at Las Golondrinas and would happily return .Staff very nice .

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 1 February 2010

I stayed at Las Golondrinas from 10-24th Jan 2010. I cannot praise this hotel enough, it was really clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful, particularly Arturo and Alejandro. I found the Tapas bar attached (used for breakfasts) were keen to adapt to my dietary requirements ( I don't eat sugar), and were happy to prepare other foods for me, for a charge of about 10 pesos (50p approx)

The maid service was fantastic (Esperanza) and although I know people have mentioned how nice it was having towels folded into different shapes etc, the impact as a guest made you feel welcomed and cared about. Any problems I had were quickly resolved and I felt well tended by the staff. I would definitely recommend it. Local Restaurants well wrth a look are round the corner on 30th Ave (turn right at the Farmacia) are Nativo, amazing juice bar, good, cheap food, El Fogon, esp opposite Mega, and Tacos Diaz, a bit out of town, but cheap and yummy. I travelled as a solo traveller and felt safe to walk around alone even late at night. Friends of Bill W can meet daily at 5.30-6.30, and M-F 12-1 on 25th Ave and between calle 4-6.
I had an amazing time, and would recommend this place to everyone, I'd go back for sure.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank eljaygee
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Our Mexico trip started with Playa del Carmen. And we were lucky t stay in Las Golondrinas hotel.
The hotel is really cozy....felt at home!
What we've liked the most is the hotel's staffl!They were really helpful, advised how to get to major attractions, when we had some problems with TV they came almost immidiately to assist!
Rooms were neatly cleaned every morning, and there were cute swans made of towels:)
The decorations are in such a mexican style!
Actually i cant remember anything bad about it!!!
I would definately advise this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Helsinki
Reviewed 28 December 2009

The service from the hotel staff was excellent and personal. Especially the older guy, Aleksander, was really helpful and gave us lot of useful information of things to do around Playa. We really appreciated the excellent service!

Rooms were clean and well kept. The fridge was a nice bonus. The only drawback was that the room we had was quite dark. It had only one window.

The hotel is located little further away from the beach (5-10 min walk to beach), but it is just next to a big supermarket, which was very convinient. Our room was very quiet.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and we were positively surprised about the hotel. It is excellent value for your money.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple