18,606 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate coffee house romance concierge el mediterraneo spice restaurant royal pdc jose garcia hour lounge ocean view turn down service our honeymoon tequila bar presidential suite lobby bar beach butler rose petals
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary in the Junior Beachfront Swim Up suite. Beautiful room and the staff made sure to do everything they could to help us celebrate. A special thank you to Omar and Jose for preparing the most amazing food and making us feel like family! We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lynn D, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Tetyce C,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are excited you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

If a no stress, no hassle, worry free resort if what you are looking for...The Royal is it. The grounds are very well maintained, you wont find a better staff and we as self proclaimed "food snobs" did not have one meal that wasn't awesome. 2 pools allow you to either relax in peace or be a part of the fun. The bar next to the pool puts out great drinks at a fast pace. The swim-up bar is ok, its usually in the shade and the water is cooler there. The beach isnt great but they try. There is just too much seaweed. Also, avoid Panama Jacks, the sister resort next door. Very subpar food, not great service and tons of kids.From check-in to check-out and everything in between, we were thrilled with our stay at the Royal and hope to be back soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear bplowe_10,

This is a fantastic review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us. We really appreciate your point of view in each thing you mentioned. We are excited that you really enjoyed our service, food, etc.
We certainly hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Entire staff was friendly and ready for service. Chef Pastor, manager Diego, Hostess Georgina, waiter. Ahmed and Mosso. Excellent at their jobs.
Bar/restaurant near the beach/pool was our favorite. Tacos were perfect and plentiful. Remodeling was going so should be better ambience by now. Again that lunch staff was very good. Salute to the bar tender !
Rooms large and comfortable
Also enjoyed the nightly dancers/music they were quite talented.
Found the spa service late in the trip—would take advantage of that more often next time —although Less expensive massage available in town.
DH

Room tip: Personal pools were much quieter same service though
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Dale H,

This is a fantastic review! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay with us. We really appreciate your point of view in each thing you mentioned. We certainly hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I just returned from my fourth visit to The Royal Playa Del Carmen and this was for just a short stay of six days. My visit this time was strictly for relaxation so I didn't book any trips - however this visit was just as great as past visits - made even more special by the excellent treatment I received from my favorite butler - Juan Jose. He met me when I arrived, escorted me to my suite and arranged for all of the check-in details in my suite. Juan Jose also checked in on me numerous times each day during my visit to make sure that I didn't need anything (sometimes I wondered if he had planted a homing device on me because he was able to find me no matter where I was on the hotel grounds). Juan Jose's pampering along with the room service from Francisco who delivered my morning juice and tea each morning at 5:30 helped turn this into the relaxing vacation I really needed. I've already reviewed the restaurants in past reviews but I would just like to mention that Pelicanos, Asiana and Spice remain some of my favorite places to dine. If you're looking for a great place to stay in Play Del Carmen you can't go wrong choosing The Royal Playa Del Carmen.

Room tip: My favorites are either the swimup beachfront walkouts or the presidential suites with their own private patio and pool
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear luckyny,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience! We definitely feel very pleased to read this review, thank you so much for all your kind words to our staff, this is the best way to know that they are doing an excellent job.
It will an honor to have the opportunity to host and pamper you once again in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

If you want to be treated like Royalty and be pampered from the moment you arrive until the moment you depart go to The Royal in Playa del Carmen.
It is truly an amazing experience and you will be completely rested by the time to get back to your normal life.

Room tip: It depends what you are looking for, there are quiet areas as well as lively ones.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liesje L

Dear Liesje L,

Thank you for sharing your review! Is really important for us to know you really enjoyed your stay with us and you were treated like royalty as you deserve. Thank you from your feedback about our staff, one of the most important part in our resort. We hope to welcome you back very soon!