18,511 results
All reviews maria marie chef's plate coffee house romance concierge el mediterraneo spice restaurant royal pdc danny boy jose garcia frozen grapes hour lounge ocean view turn down service tequila bar our honeymoon lobby bar beach butler
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I just arrived back from Playa Del Carmen for our 10 Year anniversary and it was our first time at The Royal and we thought it was great until we got convinced to go see the sales presentation our second day there. Because of that experience and a few other details, I had no choice but to leave 3 /5 rating.. The short version is they made everything sound really great but once they started to put everything in writing, I noticed so many other fees and charges not originally explained. I had started to sign docs but when it was time to leave for our tour, since we had lasted 2-3 HOURS in there we left and they didn't like that. They told me to come back the next day to sign the official contract but when I told them to cancel the entire transaction, their ENTIRE attitude changed, especially their "closer" named Tomas who is just a big bully. He has no people skills, treats you like a kid and shows no respect at all. You are just a number to him.

Aside from that, we purchased the "Dinner on the Beach" package for $280.00 and needless to say it was ok, but definitely not worth that amount. The lighting was not lit with ANY candles, but only with a small LED light on top and another on bottom of table. The best part of food was Lobster and desert. If you wanted a bottle of wine, that's an extra $60 and must pay cash while there. You would think if you're already paying almost $300 you would get at an inexpensive bottle of wine included.

Our overall stay was ok, but Melia brand hotels are superior in my opinion, now that Hilton has took over the name of The Royal. There's a good chance we will not return to this hotel, simply because for the money you pay, there are better options out there.

5  Thank David O
Lynn D, Gerente at Hilton Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear David O,

We really appreciate this review. We are sorry that you did not have the best service as we are used to give, we really apologize, you can be sure we will sharing your comments with the Real Club Management in order for them to improve and take actions to give an exceptional service.
We are sorry that everything was not up to the standard that you would have liked.
We would like to let you know that we take all comments very seriously as we know they help us to improve our services.
Thank you again for your review and visiting us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best places I’ve visited truly beautiful and would love to come again. The beach was so clean and the restaurant offered so much that I’ve put on a few extra pounds but it was worth it. The hotel was suburb and the staff were great.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Jeremy T,

On behalf of THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen staff and myself we want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I’ll try to keep this review brief but it’s kind of hard when you’ve had such a great experience. My fiancé and I stayed at the Royal from 9/24 to 10/1. I can tell you that this has been the best resort we’ve visited yet.

It’s not very big like Sandals and it’s missing some of their amenities (full bottle mini bar) has but they make it up in service, simply put. From the moment you walk in you feel as though the resort is yours. And it’s wonderfully laid out so there really isn’t missing any part of it. It’s pretty centralized. Anyway our travel agent surprised us with a butler suite which we were honored to have David Huicochea as our butler. Now we aren’t the pampering type so we didn’t really use David a lot but he is simply the definition of premium service. He made sure we were completely comfortable during our time, made recommendations to the many restaurants in Playa, and was simply great to talk to. If you have David as your representative, please know your in the best hands of the resort so make sure you take care of him before you leave. Victor, the young man who does the turn down service, awesome guy. We spent a lot of times talking to him and he was such a joy. Not to mention he’s a specialist at what he does.

Also our favorite servants Jorge and Luis at Pelicanos and Chefs Plate. Funny, entertaining, and great service.

We’re foodies so there’s not much to say about resort food for we left the resort everyday to eat in town. I will say Rincon Mexicanos (I think that’s the name) the food is great but the taco bar is phenomenal. If you have the chance to go to Chefs Plate, go. It’s small portions but it actually will fill you up....lol

Yeah the seaweed is bad, but let Mother Nature take care if that. It honestly doesn’t take away from the experience unless your a “beachy” person.

We’re already planning to come back next year.

Thanks so much Royal for the great visit, see you next year, or sooner...lol

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear robert p,

On behalf of THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your great review. It makes us very happy to know that you have enjoyed our restaurants, services, staff and our property in general.
It is our biggest joy knowing that we exceeded your expectations and we truly hope to have the pleasure of doing it once again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall a great experience!

The customer service was excellent, the rooms were very clean, the resort was very well kept,and the views were beautiful.
We received massages from Melissa and a woman with the name starting with a "C". It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Although the weather did not cooperate, the resort had several activities during the day time, and it is a very short walking distance to 5th avenue for local shops, restaurants, and bars.
Highly Recommended!!

Dear Meagan S,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are excited you enjoyed your stay and that you especially like our service, we are very happy to read that our staff is doing a great job. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back very soon!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I didn't think it could be better than the last time, but it was. We booked through Delta Vacations. We got a sweet deal, and I was wondering what was going to go wrong. Literally the best trip to Playa I've ever had! Transportation was super easy - a shared ride down, and our own ride back. We got an upgrade from Graden View to Partial Ocean View for under $25/night! Room 350 rocked!! They took away the in room liquor, but give you a bottle of your choosing (tequila, vodka, rum, whiskey). We also tipped our mini bar guy a fiver ever other day so we always had plenty of beer and diet coke. It was maybe 50% occupancy, which was nice. The main pool got pretty loud at times (I know, I am too old!) so we would head to the quiet pool. Drinks came fast and furious and were strong. A tip of a buck per drink goes a long way Our room was quiet, cool, and very comfortable. The restaurants are still great - basically get whatever you want whenever you want. The free room service was also awesome as always. The 24 hour lounge was probably our most favorite place - cold, quiet, and plenty of food and drink options available anytime. I can't wait to come back! I hope Hilton doesn't change a thing.

Room Tip: Book the cheapest room, then get a cheap upgrade when you show up

Dear BENJAMIN B,

We would like to express our gratitude for staying at our hotel and provide us the privilege to serve you.
Your comments are very important for us and we are grateful that you took some minutes from your valuable time and did this fabulous review from us.
Thank you for visiting us, we hope to have the privilege to host you once again soon!!