We were upgraded to Porto Playa from our reservation at the Maya Villas. Got an fantastic deal on Sinqueaway.com. The place was great, with very nice rooms, big living room and awesome patio on the roof (we had the penthouse room, recommended) which had a nice hot tub and grill cooking area. I would have loved to have a larger group since this would have been a perfect place to have a nice dinner and drinks party with friends. Beds were super comfortable and the pool here was awesome. We didn't stay at Maya Villas, but the pool here looked like it was much larger and got a lot more sun than the one at Maya. Staff was very friendly and nice and took care of any of our requests. One day the hot tub was drained for cleaning and I asked for it to be refilled and it was ready when we got back from dinner.
Location is perfect, on a street one block from the beach and beach club and one block from 5th ave (pedestrian street). We walked to the grocery store and got beer and food for the week and cooked here, made margaritas, etc with everything they provided in the kitchen. The beach club was really nice and seemed like one of the nicer ones on the beach. I personally didn't think the breakfast buffet there was worth the $15 (mainly fruit, yogurt, and a couple pastries, better stuff down the beach for same $), but besides that the drinks and lunch there were great. One note, the drinks aren't super cheap, but they are good and worth it and not crazy expensive.
A few travel tips, I used playainfo.com for airport transfer which was good about $75 I think one way (about as much as the taxis charge but you get a big van). Going back to the airport you can get taxis to take you from playa for about 500 pesos so much cheaper than getting a round trip transfer from a service. I also highly recommend doing the jungle ATV tour with mexxtromo, it was only $80, included transportation there and was about 3 hours long. Well worth the money and you swim in a very cool cenote at the halfway point. Xel-Ha was also worth every penny and is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The focal point is a Sanctuary reminiscent of a tropical rain forest. There is even a "State of the Art" Gym and Fitness Center right on premises. Porto Playa features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses and condominiums. All the Penthouses have their own private rooftop terrace with BBQ outdoor kitchen, heated Jacuzzi some with spectacular partial ocean views. Centrally located in the heart of Playa, Porto Playa is only one short block from the beautiful Caribbean Playa del Carmen beaches and famous 5th Ave. Perfect for beach weddings, honeymoons in Playa del Carmen , families and business groups and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel And Beachclub
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico