We (family of 4 with 2 young children) stayed here for 3 nights. It is quite large in size, and our room was a long walk from the front desk. The hotel was surprisingly mostly deserted throughout our stay, and the only concentration of people we saw was at the time of breakfast one of the days.
All the public areas of the hotel are very spacious and nicely appointed- the front lobby, the restaurant, the pool area etc. In terms of amenities that we used, there is a washer-dryer (quite expensive) and a pool (quite decent). The staff were courteous and mostly friendly. Edward at the front desk was helpful, and the waitress at the restaurant (forgot her name) was awesome.
The room was mediocre but decent-sized. There were 2 queen beds which were comfortable. The furniture was a little dated and rickety, but did their job. There was no fridge or microwave in the room. The bathroom was a little below par. The flush was not working properly and had to be held down to make it work.
The restaurant was average in terms of food quality and taste, and below par in terms of menu spread. We had dinner there all 3 nights, and on the 3rd night, we had a hard time finding anything to order. In fact, they did not have the daily specials on any of the days. However, the breakfast buffet was pretty good and offered good choices. Breakfast was not included for us.
The location was a little inconvenient. It was right on the highway, but about a km from the 5th avenue and the beach, and there is almost nothing between the hotel and the beach area.
Delight moment: I once called them from US before our trip to inquire if breakfast was included. The person who answered (don't remember his name) said yes. I hung up. And within a few minutes, I got a call back from the same person who apologetically mentioned that breakfast was not included and he was sorry for having misinformed me. I was pleasantly surprised. Shows the respect and importance they have for their customers.
I was split between a 3 and a 4, but decided to go with 4 because of the low price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath and relax as you settle into our newly renovated Wyndham Garden Playa del Carmen hotel nestled in the heart of the Riviera Maya. We are minutes away from the famous Fifth Avenue, and within close proximity to theme parks, archeological sites, and beaches. Rest in the lush comforts of our spacious guest rooms with abundant amenities including luxurious bath essentials; free high-speed WiFi, and flat-screen HDTV. Celebrate your special events including romantic beach theme weddings and elegant receptions in our 3 vibrant event rooms, or outside in our glorious gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wyndham Garden Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playacar Riviera Maya
- Holiday Inn Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico