We found Coco's on the internet. A big Thank You to everyone on Trip Advisor! Thank you for the wonderful reviews, and thank you for answering all my questions. We LOVED it! We arrived in the evening after a very long 12 hour day of traveling. Sylvia greeted us like we were family. She helped us get settled, and then Helmut cooked us a fabulous dinner. Boy, he can cook! The food was beyond wonderful. The menu is so diverse, we never had the same thing twice (unless we chose to!). The pizza is fantastic..I'm orignally from Chicago, so I know my pizza, and Helmut's pizza totally hit the mark! The homemade dips that are served with tortilla chips had me asking Helmut for his recipes!
Cabanas: Lovely! Cozy, with air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Cute deck/patio in the front..great for morning coffee, or evening cocktails. There is no refrigerator, or water in the rooms. Stop on your way down, and pick up a cooler, ice, and a huge jug of water.
Beach: The beach is about 100 yds away...I was afraid we'd have to cross a busy road, or walk across scorching pavement to get to it. No way. A quick walk thru sand will get you to the beach. I didnt even wear shoes to get there. The beach is beautiful. White sand, and crystal clear blue water. Absolutely fabulous. Go to the left, and the small resort next door will let you use their chairs and palapas. Just buy a drink or lunch while you're there. We liked the little bar there so much, we would go there for our happy hour drinks before going back to our cabana for dinner.
Money: Coco's does not take credit cards. Be prepared to pay in cash for any charges to your room. Helmut will give you the best exchange rate available.
Rental Car: We booked our rental car on line with our tickets. $300 for ten days. Not bad. Until we got to the Dollar rental place. The insurance was outrageous. $50 a day for full coverage. That cost almost as much as our room! We took it, mostly cause we were so tired and hot. We just wanted to go. It did come in handy tho. We woke up our first morning to a flat tire. Helmut called Dollar for us (language barrier!), and Dollar came out with a replacement car, at no charge to us. Driving in Mexico is nuts! Be prepared for children, dogs, cars, people, jumping out in front of you. It was like a video game! We felt that we made a good choice by getting the car. Coco's is a bit out of the way, and we definately needed it.
We would definately go back! Helmut and Sylvia are a couple of the nicest people you will ever meet. Committed to providing a relaxing vacation experience, cleanliness, and service. We adored them. I actually cried when saying goodbye, something I've never done before.
Thank you Helmut and Sylvia! You're the very best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in lush tropical gardens, Cocos Cabanas has 6 cozy Bungalows (3 Queen ,1 King and 2 Junior suites), an outdoor Swimming pool and is just 10 minutes walking or 3 by bike from the beach. All bungalows have A/C, Ceiling Fans and iPod docking stations. The Junior suites come with King Bed and a Futon , Kitchenette, Fridge, Micro, Coffee-maker and all Boutique amenities .The bungalows are built in a typical local style with thatched roofs made of dried and woven palm-tree leaves. They all have tiled flooring and private bathrooms with a shower or bath. Cocos Cabanas offers both Mexican and international cuisine, including pizzas made in Coco's wood-fired oven(Lobster-Pizza), grilled Shrimp, Lobster and Steaks and a range of Mexican appetizers and Main dishes such as Mole poblano, Guacamole,Mixiote, Ceviche or Quesadillas. Guests can relax in the sun loungers or hammocks by the pool, go snorkeling or explore some of the nearby Mayan ruins, including Tulum or Chichen Itza. Ferries to the island of Cozumel leave from Playa del Carmen, about a 20-minute drive from the resort.Just Relax we do the rest!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Cocos Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco`s Cabanas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Cocos Cabanas Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico