Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$494
US$359
  • Beachfront
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$331
US$250
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
Hotels.com
US$508
US$427
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$338
Priceline
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$944
US$426
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$504
US$320
Priceline
US$213
US$179
Cancelon
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,042
US$844
Bookit.com
All reviewscoco bongobeach clubboutique hotelincluded breakfast isnice pooltwo blocksrooms facestreet noisequinta avenidawonderful hotelsmall hotelnoisy at nightpool areathe location is perfectwelcome drinkon a daily basisper day
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Magic Blue Hotel in Playa del Carmen for more than 6 nights we really loved the hotel. The location is great just one block away from the 5th Avenue, its a lot of restaurants around, the beach is close. The bad thing you don’t have parking and you have to leave your car a couple of blocks away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2017

Overall, I recommend the Magic Blue Boutique Hotel highly as a great place to stay in Playa del Carmen. I read positive reviews of the hotels and made reservations for two nights with my husband two weeks prior to my December trip and paid $284. I exchanged helpful and informative e-mails with Olga. I followed her suggestion and prepaid for a group shuttle from Cancun airport for $50. I had learned that it is best to avoid like a plague the crowd of vultures at the airport who try to rip you off for transportation arrangement schemes to your destination. After passing through border control, I was tired and dehydrated upon and almost fell prey one well dressed articulate woman who tried to convince me that she worked for the airport staff and was working in my best interests to help reach my hotel. She was a convincing and professional con artist. I am relieved that Olga had written me that the transportation service would be holding a sign with my name on it. Otherwise, I could have been deceived by the con artist. My travel had included over 15 hours and three flights. The transportation service Yellow Transfers/Super Shuttle/Endless Tours was slow and brought us to the hotel after a three stops. Despite being dark, I was thrilled that I could go in the beautiful pool at Magic Blue Boutique Hotel upon arrival. While swimming, I enjoyed the solitude and the night surroundings with palm trees and blue lights. The thatched bungalows with balconies with a sofa and hammock are charming. This is a beautiful and peaceful oasis in the middle of an energetic and bustling tourist city. Despite the close proximity of the obnoxious Coco Bongo Club and the aggressive and chatty vendors, I found the loudest sounds to be delightful chirping birds in the trees. What really impressed me about the Magic Blue Boutique Hotel was the professionalism of the staff. I decided to go on an all day tour of the Coba and Tulum Mayan ruins and asked if I could extend my stay. I was able to keep my room and pay a lesser rate. My husband requested boxed breakfasts for our early morning departure for the tour. The boxed breakfasts were given to us at 6:15 AM as promised. This was my first visit to Mexico and I encountered several situations where vendors and restaurants tried to cheat me. I learned quickly to check receipts carefully. I felt that I could trust the staff of the Magic Blue Boutique Hotel completely. We locked ourselves out of our room and were promptly taken care of. I appreciated the cleanliness of the room. I am sad that I could only partake of the splendid breakfast buffet twice. My favorite beverage was the green juice that included spinach and banana purees. The mushroom and cheese crepes were delicious. I loved the sliced papaya, melon, pineapple, and grapefruit. I tried many unfamiliar dishes and all were tasty and healthy. On the day of our check out we asked that our luggage be help while we enjoyed more time exploring downtown Playa del Carmen. Our last request was a taxi to Puerto Morelos that we were told would cost 550 pesos. The driver was prompt and honored this rate exactly. A huge thank you goes to the staff of Magic Blue Boutique Hotel for making my want to vacation in Mexico again soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 305abbiew
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

This is not a high-luxury hotel, but it definitely feels like Home!
We spent 5 nights of our honeymoon in this hotel and were really pleased.
Again, it is not an all-inclusive nor a super-fancy hotel, but it has great facilities, the perfect location and an excellent breakfast!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arnonhau
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

There’s never anyone at the bar and no one comes by to offer you food or drink. So just bring you own sustenance which is what you need to do if you’re thirsty or hungry. I just left for the whole day so I wouldn’t starve and or dehydrate. Remember, I warned you!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ElJuan89451
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Beatiful spot in the very centre of playa de carmen. Location perfect, but very noisy nights when your room is located at the street side of the hotel. Swimmingpool and central square of the hotel are amazing. Rooms are ok, not luxury.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo