We stayed here from the 27th of April to the 4 of May ,we were in building 5 right on the beach, on the 3 floor , in room 5343 . Loved the view! The room was large a very clean . Bed was really comfortable. Each building has a concierge in front as you enter your building , this is where you would book your a la carte restaurants and ask for any services like wake up calls or shuttle with you bags when you would check out. The one thing you must remember is that the patio door locks when you shut it . So don't get stuck out side, you will be locked out.
The food was very good, Every thing we tried was good nothing grose or bad . The drinks were very nice and cold , lots of beer and wine. You just had to name it and they made it .
As for the beach, we knew if was not the best but we still were able to get in twice that week.
We did like the others have said and walked about ten minutes to the left of the resort and went to the lagoon. The lagoon is part of the Hacienda Tres Rios resort . They don't mind us using the lagoon but just don't use the chairs and loungers. So as the beach isn't swimmable all the time that leaves the pools, well as you know more swimmers the more the water gets dirty . We noticed that the water levels were below the pools skimmers ,so this means that the water is not being filtered at all .On our first morning at the smaller pool at the top, I told the young man trying to clean the pool that the pool needed more water , that his hard efforts could not clean or treat the water as it should be without the pool pumps running .That same day at the larger pool , I found the same thing , not enough water the reach the skimmer and again I told the pool boy. The next day we noticed they had added some water for some of the skimmers were actually filtering the water but not all skimmers were getting water.
The pool areas need umbrellas, people were pulling up chairs in the lawn under any thing that would give some shade. People with children would not stay at the kids pool because it was to hot. So they came to the deeper pools were there was some shade, taking the kids in the water, some of them with no diapers. This should be watch as there are diapers for swimming pools . But the one thing that I really minded was the smells . We had to walk through mangroves and I don't know what was decomposing in there but it was nasty.And sometimes you would go to the wash rooms by the beach restaurant and the smell could be very bad. We noticed the same thing at the sports bar. We had heard good things about this resort from friends that had stayed here before but this year it lacked a lot to give the wow factor. I enjoyed the staff except for the time share sellers. I just asked if it was for a time share, and said that I was not interested and they left us alone . So if your not interested just smile and say no thank you .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- Blue Bay Esmerelda
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico