Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$276
US$232
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$383
US$324
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$425
US$329
  • Beachfront
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$581
US$244
Melia.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$379
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$167
US$391
US$300
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$335/night.

US$573
US$237
HotelsClick
US$213
BestDay.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$986
US$797
4,363 results
All reviewslos muralestime sharethomas moorelap poolstaco partydive balamprime rib nightall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttleorder off the menu
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We just got back from some time in Quintana Roo and this was our first time in the area. We are owners at the Royal Sands and we decided to spend a few days at the resort and play a round of golf at the new Grand Coral golf course. Like with all of the Royal Resorts properties the place is well taken care of. My first thoughts were that this resort is very quiet. It has 2 restaurants a bar and a small area for dancing. The villas are sweet. The area that is totally different from the other resorts is the bathroom area. It has a tub that you can actually take a bath in.
The issues I did have was how far the units were from the pools and beach. Another issue is the rotunda bar. I know you are on vacation but if the NBA playoffs are on TV you want to try and watch it and have some drinks. We went down to watch the game and the size of the TV was not very big and hard to see. The next night the game was on TNT and I was going to watch it in the room. I went to turn the game on, to TNT and it was not available. I called the front desk and I was told that the game is only on in the bar. I really enjoy the royal resorts and I think I will eventually grow to enjoy this great resort.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BIG-E-FROM-COLORADO
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is our first time in the Riviera Maya area in over fifteen years and it was great. The Resort was first class and the staff were fantastic. We were able to stay as busy or as relaxed as we wanted to. Highly recommend for families.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This resort is the perfect spot to relax, get sun and enjoy the ocean or pool. Staff easily speaks English. The unit is very clean and seen to daily. Great food and drinks on the premises. A short distance from Playa Del Carmen is done with scheduled shuttles. Beautiful beach and huge pools. No shortage of supplies. Adequate quick store on premises. WiFi in the unit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here with gfs over Memorial Day wknd. This is hands down the BEST resort I've ever stayed at, and I've been to lots of places! One thing that stood out was the layout, amenities, and the cleanliness of the whole resort. There are two big sections but both offer the same stuff--so there are two lap swimming pools (yay for people who love to swim), a childrens pool, hammocks under shade, pool bar, jacuzzis, etc.! I have no idea why but the resort was pretty empty the whole time we were there, Wed-Memorial Day Monday. I think because most rooms are time shares and time share check ins are on Saturdays. Anyway, we are all adults and loved that there were barely any kids or families around (sorry). In addition, every public area was spotless and the staff was super friendly. No one ever came off rude or pushy. The rooms were also so beautiful and well kept. The food was delicious at the pool as well as in the hotel. The beachfront was nicely kept as well, with each chair under a shade. Overall had a super relaxing vacation and the ambience, the staff, the cleanliness, all contributed to a great time. Downtown is about 10 min away by cab and was always easy to come back and forth. It's better to pay in pesos for taxis/food if you are out in town, and you can exchange money at the hotel desk for a better exchange rate, but they won't exchange back to U.S. if you have money leftover. Also, no need to go to Walmart--the on site shop had anything you need for groceries and reasonably priced too. Would totally stay here again if I was in Playa del Carmen!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2012

owner of 2 time shares at this resort. It is the BEST!! Beautiful, roomy resort, friendly personnel. Five star resort. Immaculate. Two pools, 4 hot tubs, plus jacuzzis on each balcony!! Love this place!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family