Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$494
US$359
  • Beachfront
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$331
US$250
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$359
US$228
Hotels.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$385
Book now, pay at stay
US$973
US$426
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$230
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$504
US$320
Priceline
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$424
US$342
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,042
US$738
Cancelon
4,284 results
All reviewslos muralesthomas mooretime sharelap poolsdive balamtaco partyall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttlepersonal conciergechange rooms
Reviewed August 13, 2017

We had a great stay here at this resort overall. The service here was excellent, and the grounds and facilities were great. I can't say it was a 5-star because there were some cons which I'll mention, but at the end we were sorry to leave.

I'll admit, the resort's first impression wasn't the best. When we arrived at the resort, it had the look of 80's chic and the entrance reminded me of an old-timey Las Vegas resort during the day. A lot of bright pastels without the more sleek, modern look a lot of contemporary resorts have. The wait to check in was long. That is something we were expecting since we were arriving on a Saturday when all the time share owners would be checking in. So I wouldn't say things got off to the best start.

But that all ended when we got to our room. We were fortunate to have a beach-front master suite that was several feet away from the beach while also a few steps away from the pool. The suite was excellent. Comfortable, well laid out, good furnishings. The bed spreads didn't look very contemporary, but otherwise everything else was modern enough and clean. Daily housekeeping service kept the room spotless, and props to our primary housekeeper Jorge who kept the suite looking like new the whole week. We never had any problems with anything in the suite, and we made sure to use features such as the hot tub on our patio. I will say this - wifi was very spotty in the room. On a few occasions, I went outside and sat at the pool to get a better signal.

The cleanliness extended to all the facilities, including the pool, restaurants, gym, etc. Those had all the features you'd expect from a luxury resort. We spent a lot of time at the pool and beach, and everything was very well-maintained and service was really great. At least at the time we visited, the resort never once felt crowded, and there were many things that just added to the overall feel of comfort.

We were aware of the time share aspect and that we might be approached by staff members to attend a presentation. They tried to tempt us a few times through offers of discounts to local attractions, but ultimately they seemed to accept the fact we weren't interested. That being said, I've been to other time share resorts as a hotel guest where this never even came up, and it's nicer not to have to deal with that at all.

There were 4 restaurants: two pool-side grills, the main dining area (La Palapa Del Sol) which is a breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet, and the fine dining Los Murales Restaurant. As one might expect, Los Murales was the best. Not every dish was a home run, but the majority were excellent. We ate there 4 or 5 times over the course of the week. Even though we could not make a reservation until the day of the dinner, we were always able to get a slot. Expect to stay for dinner a couple hours, as it is a full multi-course meal which you select from the menu. Again, the food was great. Service was also impeccable. Our waiter on every night but one was Miguel Angel Ek Canul, and he was fantastic in every way.

La Palapa was just OK. Compared to other 4/5 star resorts I've been to, I'd probably say it was below average. Not in terms of service but in terms of the food. Now most of the time, we ate at Los Murales for dinner, so I'm speaking mainly about the breakfast and lunch. My suggestion would be to eat at the Pool Bar for lunch which had surprisingly good food.

I do wish our room had a washing machine and dryer. Instead we had to use the hotel's central laundry facility and pay an extra cost (maybe several dollars for a load or two). There is an attendant there who is very helpful though and even put our laundry in the dryer for us and had our clothes folded when I picked up!

The bellmen were always helpful. Catching taxis was a breeze. And it was nice to have the cost to various destinations posted in the front so we didn't have to worry about negotiating taxi fares.

All in all, we had a great stay. Felt like a 5-star stay, but if being objective there were a few dings. Nevertheless, we'd be happy to come here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sandra R, Online Community Care Agent at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Chris L,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review of your stay.

We’re happy to hear that we were able to provide you with great service to make the most out of your vacation. We always strive to give our guests the best location, value, amenities and service.

Thank you for your kind words about Jorge and Miguel Angel. We're sharing your comments with our management so they know how impressed you were with their outstanding service.

We appreciate you letting us know about the aspects of your stay that didn't meet your expectations. We are constantly working to improve the experience of our guests, and truly appreciate your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very well run. You can tell since you show up at the front desk (Michelle González) all the way to your last day. It takes passion and commitment from the General Manager (Sandra Aguilar) and her team to recruit the right people and get the job done in a remarkable way. Food and beverages are good. Many committees people, just to mention one, Maribel Jimenez. You can tell that people really matters and I get inspired by them!
Congratulations to the whole team at The Royal Haciendas in Playa del Carmen. I will come back with my family!!!, you
Made our vacation time to be very pleasant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sandra R, Online Community Care Agent at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear Chichapork,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We're convinced that our staff is a key element in our company since their interaction with our guests makes possible what we like to call "The Royal Experience".

We're glad to learn you've enjoyed your stay at our resort and we appreciate your kind words about our staff. We're sharing your comments with our management so they know how impressed you were with their outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

If I'd have rated this place the night we arrived, I must have given one star, the guy and the lady at the reception desk said us we're "home", ...just one thing...we should move room in the middle of the holiday "just once"!!!! I complained, but she was so resolute, and after 24hs travel (from Italy) I simply didn't have the energy. But that's for sure I've a terrific travel agency and they fixed the problem from "my home"! So: bad reception for me!
But no hurry in judging, the place is clean and wonderful, almost all staff is kind, smiling and willing to please (I think that the few exceptions just don't like to work). We've meals at the buffet and once at the a la cart restaurant (some trouble for booking), great food. Thanks to the cooks. And last but not least Jesus and Miranda, I'd fun in their zumba and step classes. Very recommended!

Dear Gio O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Royal Haciendas.

We always take special care when preparing our food and beverage items and our restaurants are certified by the Mexican Ministry of Tourism. However, the best certification we can achieve is our guests’ satisfaction. We're excited to read your review and learning we've achieved our goal of providing our guests with the highest standards in food.

Our Inventory department works closely with the guest services one to avoid the room switching on Saturday. This is particularly difficult when the occupancy rate is high. We’re glad to see that you didn’t have to switch rooms during your stay.

We're also delighted to see that you were able to take advantage of so many of the activities available around the resort, and that you especially enjoyed the zumba and step classes with Jesus and Miranda.

We appreciate your recommending us to the TripAdvisor community and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I'm taking the time to write this review because of the amazing service that I received at the elegant restaurant Los Morales. Our waiter was Manuel Nava and he was absolutely amazing. I asked the manager if he could take care of us every night of our vacation and they accommodated our family. I want to say it was the best service. He did not miss one thing it was excellent. The manager was also very attentive and was always asking if we needed anything. I'm going to give s 5 star rating. Thank you so much
Gena

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sandra R, Online Community Care Agent at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear Gena B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We couldn't be happier to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We're delighted to see that Manuel's service exceeded your expectations.

We're sharing your comments with our management so they know how impressed you were with his outstanding service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

The general of the resort is very clean but the bed itself was not. The food was good if you paid all the surcharge for the good plate. The beverage also was nothing special no fresh fruit drink and only local cheat alcohol if you have all inclusive. Not worth the price nor the 4.5 star rating

Room Tip: Make sure to check your bed the first time there ours beds was dirty and because our flight we arrive late so they don't even change our sheet that night we have to sleep in dirty sheet that has somebody else was sleeping in it but they too cheap to change the sheet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sandra R, Online Community Care Agent at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear Minh T,

We take pride on our resort's cleanliness and for us is rewarding to learn you've noticed it during your visit.

At Royal Resorts we serve only well-known brands of liquor, wine and beer, the quality of which cannot be called into question. Additionally, the restaurants at all our resorts are certified by the Mexican Ministry of Tourism with the Distintivo H, a certification granted to establishments that comply with the highest hygiene, food preparation and quality standards.

We apologize if your stay did not live up to your expectations and in order to learn more about your experience, we have attempted to contact you privately to help make it right. We look forward to hearing from you and learning what we can do better in the future.