“Evening Meal”

Puerto Cocina Urbana
Ranked #48 of 1,504 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$2 - US$11
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely meal, the cucumber with lime and chilli is great, the marlin falutas were fantastic, tbe kids had fish fingers but proper fish! The service was wonderful, and really friendly, all round a great evening and good value, would definitely go again

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Let me begin by saying we ate here twice. I'd seen reviews on Trip Advisor and knew we were going right away, all I can say is that the food did not disappoint and was a complete delight. Sumptuous plates of seafood, fish tacos, buttery octopus and a burrito that is incomparable to the burritos we taste in the US, although we have some pretty good burritos in California. The spice was perfect, the service was so friendly, warm and casual, I wanted to return before we left but we didn't get to visit. The atmosphere is familiar, like you're visiting old friends. The drinks are out of this world. I had a mango margarita which was simply divine. They accommodate those of us who are gluten free & vegetarian. I was a gluten free pescatarian; the fish tacos were out of this world.
It's off the main street, lunch time wasn't too busy, neither was dinner, and I got the feeling that even if they were busy, they would make space for you, that's how friendly they were. Thank you for some of the best food we tasted in Playa.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We saw the "off the charts" reviews of Puerto Cocina Urbana and were anxious to eat here. It wasn't too busy the two nights we stopped by, so no trouble getting a table. The tuna appetizer was very good. My "Catch of the Day" was excellent. A larger portion of fish than I'm used to, but a very welcome surprise! Excellent taste, cooked to perfection and the veggies on the side should not be overlooked. We ordered multiple cocktails which were all superb and interesting concoctions. Our favorite was the Jack Daniels, passion fruit and cranberry drink. Very good! We'll be attempting to make this drink at home, for sure!! I highly recommend Puerto Cocina Urbana.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I ate here our second night in town. The restaurant is off of the main street so it's in a slightly less rowdy if you are interested in a calmer, more relaxed meal setting. Our waiter was extremely friendly, helpful, and kind. We ordered the surf and turf fries and a variety of fish tacos. The food was great! They also have a craft beer selection which is not so easy to find in the area!

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

The menu suits everyone from vegans to meat and fish lovers! They seemed to specialize in fish tacos so I went for a combination of octopus and shrimp. They were the nicest tacos I have had yet on my trip and I liked the way you could choose a range of different ones! The drinks were also very nice, I went for the classic mojitos. Finally, the location was ideal, being just off of 5th Avenue so wasn’t too noisy but there were loads of busy bars near that you could go to after dinner.