“Not just for Vegans! ”

The Pitted Date Vegan Restaurant Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 46 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Description: The Pitted Date is one of a kind, started here in Playa del Carmen and hopes to expand around the world one day. We opened our doors in Dec. 2015 and now we have expanded to another larger location in 2017. We continually grow and improve our menu to offer our clients the most exciting vegan flavours to keep nutrient balanced and your palette more than satisfied. We have a vegan egg that is something you have never tried before because it's our own recipe. The menu is geared towards hearty breakfast and lunch Vegan burritos, omelettes, croissant sandwiches, banana sushi, panini's, buddha bowls, healthy salads and hearty soups. Best ever coffees made with fresh almond milk. We have tea's, juices, frappaccinos, matcha and 7 different kinds of smoothies are on the menu as well. The Pitted Date is a must on your visit to Playa del Carmen , whether you are plant based or not, the food pleases everyone. Come in and see for yourself !!
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Increíble!
I’ve been in Playa Del Carmen for two days now. I’ve eaten here twice already. The food is amazing, the staff are wonderful. They already know my name. Very cute, hip and warm atmosphere. I have to eat gluten free. Most of the menu is gluten free and vegan. The dishes certainly don’t taste like your usual gluten free meals and the most certainly do. It look like them either. Beautiful presentation, high quality fresh ingredients and wonderful flavors.
This is a must for anyone and everyone.

When i questioned the water here Nicole informed me that it is the best and freshest in playa. It is collected rain water that is purified locally providing many jobs here. ;)

Date of visit: August 2018
thepitteddateplaya, Owner at The Pitted Date Vegan Restaurant Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Awesome Robert! Thanks so much. It means a lot to us and the staff that you take your time out to write a review for us. Hopefully we see you again and again! Much Vegan Love!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

The minute I strolled passed The Pitted Date, on our way to 5th Ave from our Condo, I said to my husband and girls.. now there's a place I need to go. They are not as enthusiastic about vegan food in general. However, upon tasting the smoothies, my daughter who isn't normally into vegan food, decided to try the sweet crepes for breakfast. She even had left overs and wanted more. Absolutely divine vegan food.
I'm from San Francisco and we do vegan pretty darn well, but this place is something else. I had a smoothie first, simply fantastic. I needed that to begin my day. I went here for breakfast and had the panini with a side of roast potatoes, It was delicious. I always admire the care and love true vegans put into plant based food. I could tell from my first bite, this was such a place. It is warm, friendly and inviting. The staff will recommend, fix if you don't like, and check in on you. Oh and they are committed to our planet - that meant the world to me. Straws are stainless steel, cups are recyclable and I watched them compost left overs. Well done!!
I highly recommend the vanilla dream for kids.. my daughter had it twice.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank-you so much for your amazing review! So happy your non-vegan daughter enjoyed her food as well. You would be surprised that more than 70% of our clinetele are not vegan. Saving the planet one meal at a time! Hopefully we see you again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018

After a month in Playa eating at restaurants with 'Vegan Options' it felt so great going to a place that knows how to make really great vegan food! The menu is very breakfast forward (if that's a thing..) and while the place is open from 8-8, after the long full page on the Breakfast side of the menu, the lunch side only has 3 burger-like options (which are fantastic!) and some soups. Don't let any of this deter you, if you're looking for some great vegan food, head down to this place. It will not disappoint!

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank-you so much... we primarily focus on breakfasts because people are generally at the beach or working through out the day and for evenings people generally want a beer, wine or a cocktail. We are expanding our dinner menu soon to accomadate those requests. Thank-you for your input! Breakfast is served ALL-DAY!!! See you soon! Much Vegan Love!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We love this place as it has many tasty options for my gluten free wife and my vegetarian self. Usually when I go to breakfast I have limited options since I don't eat eggs. At the Pitted Date I had a very hard time deciding on what to order because I had so many great items to choose from! Highly recommend!!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank-you so much for your beautiful review.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We visited the Pitted Date based on a recommendation from a family member. We loved it so much we went there 5 times over the course of our vacation. Fabulous food in a comfortable setting. We highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank-you so much for coming as many times as you did. I hope you enjoyed your vacation as much as we enjoyed having you in the cafe. Thanks again and see you the next time around. Blessings to the family member who recommended us.