“Amazing experience!”

Manzano's Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We couldn't be happier with our tour with Manuel. He was the first of our two tours, and we wished we had him for both! He is hilarious, and very interactive. We ended up being the only 2 people and getting a private tour on our Honeymoon! Before Coba and Punta Laguna (monkeys) we got a ton of information on what we were going to see an important knowledge about the area. Our driver Robert was equally as fun and entertaining! PLEASE, don't waste your time anywhere else.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have to start off by saying that this tour is by far the most interactive tour my wife and I have ever been on. Our tour guide Manuel knew the in's and out's of the entire area. He is also very involved in the Mayan people and their culture and this reflected in the tour and the fact that he is a biologist. This is the kind of tour that you want to go on if are looking to get an insider's look into Tulum and the people that live around the area. Maunel packs the tour with culture, art, education, history, and an awesome lunch that you will not forget. You will feel like a local when you are done. When, not if, I go back, I will be using Manzano's / Manuel's services.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We recently visited the Coba ruins and the monkey reserve at Punta Laguna. We had an excellent day out with Vanessa as our guide to both attractions. We were lucky enough to see several spider and howler monkeys at the reserve. Vanessa was very knowlegable about both sites.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

In February I went with Manuel of Manzanos tours on a guided snorkel tour in the lagoon at Akamal near Tulum. I have snorkelled all over the Mediterranean and also on the coral reef at Phi Phi in Thailand but nowhere have I seen so many different fish. Although it is possible to snorkel independantly there is no way that I would have found the sights that Manuel showed me. We swam over deep gorges where the freshwater springs merged with the sea water, we went through shallow channels in the mangroves and finally we went out to the coral reef. Manuel pointed out fish such as Moray eels,Barracuda,Sting Rays and Parrot Fish all of which I would have missed if I had been on my own. Manuel is a superb guide, incredibly patient and very knowledgeable. Not only is he able to identify the fish species he is an ecologist who is conversant with all the wildlife and fauna in the region. He speaks excellant English and is also very knowledgeable about the Mayan history. On our return to Tulum we went down one of the cenote;s (sink holes) which are all over the area.These are basically deep caves which are full of water in which it is possible to swim and snorkel .Manuel explained how these are formed and and pointed out the fish and bird species which were down there. This really was an excellant trip which was the highlight of an amazing holiday.

1  Thank Timothy R