Hotel Posada 06 Tulum
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$153
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
US$550
US$499
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
US$182
La Posada Del Sol(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$230
US$613
US$340
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Posada Luna del Sur(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$90
Pacha Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
Uolis Nah(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$44
All reviewsvery nice hotelthe main dragair conplace in towntwo blockswalking distancefront desk staffcoffee machinerooms are spacioussmall poolado bus stationconvenience storecomplimentary breakfaststayed here for nightsdowntown tulumwater pressurerent a bike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Lovely hotel, very clean and modern. The staff are very friendly and happy to help with any questions on the area. It is right in town, but quite far from the beach. The breakfast that was included when booking, wasn’t exactly a breakfast – as there isn’t a kitchen, the staff put a bowl of croissants and coffee in your room each morning- this was fine for us as we ate this on the balcony each morning.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyDiana1
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Modern hotel, location not bad as easy to walk into town but the taxi driver had to ask for directions when we arrived.
You can't fault the facilities however it just seems a little soulless and lacking in the personal touch.
No beach towels were provided and we even offered to rent extra bath towels for the beach but couldn't so had to buy towels from a local shop.
Forget the "free breakfast", its the coffee making facilities in your room with the addition of a mass produced pre-packed croissant or muffin.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johnnie007
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Very cute little boutique-style hotel. Looks very new and rooms are sleak, nice, clean, spacious, and comfortable. air conditioning was excellent. Free internet in "lobby" area - really just a couch. Pool is cute but not very functional and it runs through the middle of the hotel with no place to sit and directly exposed to the porch of every room.

In the middle of Tulum - neighborhood is not nice, and not close to the beach. However, a very short drive and you are there.

Good spot on a budget and with a car - bad spot to "get away" from it all and just stay on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JBradleyR
Reviewed 12 February 2011

the positive: nice rooms, great courtyard, love the little pool. the front desk staff tried to be helpful. i also mostly liked the location--it was one street off the main street and close to the street leading to the beach. it was somewhat of a walk to be in the central part of the town, as it was on the more northern side.

the negative: there is construction currently happening in the lot next to one side of the building. we were woken up both mornings we stayed there promptly at 8am by pounding that sounded like it was happening right next to our heads. it was VERY loud and continued for long periods of time. when I went downstairs and complained to the desk staff, they were very apologetic and said they had requested that construction not start until 9 or 10 am, but the people doing the work will not listen. when I asked why we were not informed about construction going on when we went in person to the hotel to reserve the room, we were told that the construction has been happening off and on, so they didn't mention it. the hotel WAS offering their rooms at a "special rate" (90 instead of 120), but no one explained why, and all the rooms are offered at this rate, when i can imagine that in some rooms, you would hear little, if any, construction. At some point, the owner also was present at the hotel, and she seemed very nice, but offered no solution (such as a better discount--no other rooms were available) when I complained about the noise. When the construction started again the next morning at 8am, I complained again, told the desk person that the room was not worth 90$ a night with that noise, but she said she could not refund any part of my money.

i am not normally a complainer--it takes a lot for me to say something. I felt the hotel should have 1) told us there was the possibility of construction when we looked into booking a room there and 2) offered a better "special rate" than 90$ a night when we complained. not only could we not sleep past 8am, it was unpleasant to remain in the room for any length of time while the construction was going on.

these were our last two nights/days in tulum, and it really sucked to spend them this way. also, because we only had those nights left, we did not want to spend our time looking for another hotel and moving our things again.

finally, i would add that yes, the beds are way too hard--and i like firm beds.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank tami h
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I stayed here one night on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews, but it just wasn't right for me-- I came here to feel like I was in Mexico but the layout of the hotel makes you feel like you're indoors all the time. The rooms all open into a very small central courtyard with a tiny little pool. The only windows in the room face into the courtyard and for privacy one must keep the curtains drawn most of the time.
The finishes are immaculate and the floor was the cleanest floor I've ever put my feet on. The decor definitely had a European feel (not my style). I agree with another reviewer that the bed was very hard. I liked that it was so close to the main street in Tulum pueblo, and it is a cheap taxi ride to the beach.
Personally, I would have been disappointed with my time in Tulum if this was where I stayed the whole time. But others seeking an air-conditioned, immaculate room might feel otherwise.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo