All reviews honeymoon suite minute drive provide shade dirt road taking taxis beautiful cenote prior to arrival nespresso machine boutique hotel wonderful stay water shoes mexican dishes ocean view tulum beach area wonderful hosts rented a car free bikes
Reviewed February 16, 2017

The visit was dissapointing, the beach is full of rocks, the restaurant did not have half of the menu... many things.

But the worst is that after 3 weeks of insisting I did not recieved yet the correspondent invoice TERRIBLE, I will have to report them to the tax department :(

Room Tip: First check other hotels in the area with a better service and beach.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank logdocumentos
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Beautiful facility, lot of small pools, nice views over the ocean. The hotel location is pretty isolated among large beach villas, and it is pretty quiet place. Like most beach hotels in Tulum it’s a 15 -20 minute drive ways from town. Parking is available at the hotel. A cabstand is about a mile away (about 250 p. to town, less to the nearby ruins).
Rooms are large, plenty storage space, good beds, very well equipped and clean. Each room has a outside jacuzzi, and the lower rooms also a pool. There are many other pools, and for sun-lovers and honeymooners it is a great facility.
The beach is limited however. To go for a good snorkel at sea, one has a 5-minute walk to a nice large beach further east, or the other way same distance to a nice cenote with diving and snorkeling facilities ; the latter can be reached by (free) bike. Service is friendly and accommodating; really trying!
As it is somewhat isolated, one depends on the bar/restaurant and here are some gaps. The restaurant has a nice menu (international rather than Maya) but during our stay about one third of the listed choices were unavailable, including some beers.

Room Tip: Seaside rooms are great, but pricy
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Tjaart S
Reviewed February 7, 2017

If you are looking for something special, a little more personal and inviting than the standard all-inclusive, look no further. My stay here at O'Tulum was nothing short of wonderful. The personal touches are endless. A smartphone to use during your stay (with US calls included) butler on speedial, cruiserbikes for free use, morning yoga (also free) and an incredible breakfast (also included) This is why I love boutique hotels. You pay a little more, but you get A LOT more.
The design of this place is so modern and beautiful, clean and crisp. The location, superb, right on the ocean. The food was outstanding, I had 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches here and it was superb.
A few helpful hints: Its not on google maps. Enter Pavo Real Resort into your GPS or tell your driver. This will get you on the right road, and O'Tulum is just a couple kilometers down the road from Pavo Real.
Not necessary to book the Swim up room. I paid more for it but didn't use the swim up pool outside my room because the infinity pool for everyone's use is so beautiful, and I wanted to be near the ocean.
This hotel is not right in central Tulum, or on the Hotel Zone. Its a bit out of the way, but a short drive to town. I would much rather stay here.
The staff here is so amazing. Lorenia, the butlers, the welcome staff, the wait staff, are all so incredibly kind.
This hotel is small. Only 12 rooms. I felt like I had the whole place to myself, it was so peaceful. No fighting for beach chairs, no loud restaurants with screaming kids everywhere. This is Adults Only and it is PEACEFUL.
The yoga class was awesome. The bed was insanely comfortable. They even provide these adorable beach bags for your use. Everything I love about vacation, this place has. I cant wait to come back someday.
Thank You, O'Tulum for such a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Delux swim up not necessary, you cant possibly pick a bad room in this place.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Kendra H
Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

I am leaving o'tulum as I write.... completely speechless. From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed as if we were family. The hotel- I am leaving o'tulum as I write.... completely speechless. From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed as if we were family. The hotel- breathtaking. Everything is new well thought out, with luxury in mind. You can't go wrong with any of the rooms offered. But the best part about this hotel is the personnel, especially Georgina. She made our stay magical with her attention and kindness. Truly the most spectacular experience my husband and I could have asked for. Felix at the bar was great with awesome creative drinks, made from the heart. Thank you so much, o'tulum!!!. Everything is new and well thought out, with luxury in mind. You can't go wrong with any of the rooms offered. But the honeymoon suite was amazing!!
The best part about this hotel is the personnel- all were warm, welcoming, and had great recommendations. Georgina especially, who made our stay magical with her attention and kindness. Truly the most spectacular experience my husband and I could have asked for.
The restaurant was unbelievable!! The food was incredible- bravo to the chef. Felix at the bar was great with awesome creative drinks, made from the heart. If you want a luxurious getaway in a breathtaking location, with excellent staff that make all the difference, look no further!
Thank you so much, o'tulum!!! We will be back!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Selma A
Reviewed February 3, 2017

We didn't have a reservation, having just up and left the horrible all-inclusive we were staying at we took a chance on a hotel we saw online, popped the address into Google maps and off we went.

Where does one start when there are so many things to tell you about....From start to finish this is going to be one of my top most favorite places to stay. The staff are AMAZING, Carlos the GM has assembled a great team. At check in they offer to make you a drink of your choosing, after the 1.45 minutes drive from Cancun it is very welcoming. We looked at the room and were sold, I wanted to cry. It was so beautiful and restful we had a swim up room facing the ocean. Carlos and his team really thought of all the little touches that make it feel like your home away from home. The hotel only has 12 rooms and the staff catered to your any need. Everyone gets a cell phone at check in in case you need anything from anyplace including town. The phone can also be used to call within Mexico and to the USA and Canada. They offer a butler service if you would like someone to unpack and iron your clothes for you. The beds were a dream, all the rooms have 1 king bed, I was traveling with a girlfriend and we were totally fine sharing.

Once we settled in we put on our bikinis and headed to the pool, beautiful lounge chairs with bright cushions awaited, we looked at the menu and were thrilled to see so many yummy items on it. I choose the ham and cheese sandwich on a brioche bun, I was given a choice of cheese's. It came with the most perfect fries, the kind you get in France. My friend ordered the skirt steak nachos, she said the Steak was perfect. After escaping a all-inclusive nightmare we were in Heaven and couldn't wait for the next meal.

After a quick trip to town (this hotel in the perfect area, close enough to enjoy Tulum but far enough away fro peace and quiet) we came back and enjoyed another amazing meal at the hotel. I have the Chicken Parmesan with fresh made noodles! Being a foodie I was truly happy, I can not say enough good things about the Chef! Even if you are not staying at this hotel the restaurant is a MUST!!

They offer Yoga every morning on their roof top deck with an instructor from town, after Yoga you would go to the restaurant for your breakfast (included in the room night price). You are given a menu and can order whatever you like! I recommend the home made granola with yogurt to start, the French toast was fantastic!

We didn't want to leave and had the hotel not been sold out for the next 2 nights we would have changed our flights and stayed the weekend.

Thank you Carlos!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, there are only 12. I would stay in room 10 if you could get it.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends