“This restaurant was on Travel Channel!!”
Review of Urge Taquito - CLOSED

Urge Taquito
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: The best fish and srhimp tacos in the riviera maya now in Saint Louis Potosi!! come and try our delicious sauces and dressings, and have a relaxing time with us
Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

Bert from Travel Channels Trip Flip Cancun Edition came here to eat, thats how I found out about this place!!!
Beautiful, Fresh, Delicious food!!!

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank Relax107457

Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

Bert from Travel Channels Trip Flip brought a couple here to eat for his "Cancun Edition" thats how I heard about it. Beautiful, fresh, delicious food!!!!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed April 27, 2015 via mobile

While browsing these reviews for Tacos Urge, I'm seeing some comments to the effect that these fish tacos are not authentic because they are fried. That cracks me up.
It's like saying only BBQ chicken is authentic American, and not fried chicken.

Both fried and grilled fish tacos are found throughout Mexico. Grilled ones are often referred to as Baja style in the US. Maybe the folks saying fried are inauthentic have only been exposed to Baja style.
The first few times I had fish tacos, years ago, they were all fried- in Guerrero, Jalisco, Nayarit and Oaxaca.
My husband (who is Mexican btw) and I enjoy both styles, as long as they are well prepared with fresh fish, which at Urge they are.

We've eaten Urge tacos on each trip to Tulum since 2007. They are consistently delicious.

If you prefer not to have them fried, you might try asking the cook to grill, not fry them if you have a little Spanish. Say "a la plancha". Or maybe " no frito, estilo Baja por favor " would work.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank pairofloafers
Reviewed January 20, 2015

If you are looking for ceviche, Urge Taquito is the easily the best in Tulum. I stumbled upon this place my first time in Tulum last year and have been coming back ever since. The Ceviche is simple, authentic, bright, and fresh. I've invited all of my friends and they've become repeat customers as well. An added plus is that the restaurant has surprisingly fast free Wi-Fi, it's right at the edge of town, and near Tulum Road. If you want switch it up from hot, cooked Tacos and are looking for something refreshing and bright, this is the spot! I recommend the octopus and fish!

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank BenjaminRowland1234
Reviewed December 18, 2014

Just about every restaurant in the Tulum area serves ceviche of some sort but Urge Taquito is where you want to start your vacation. On the north side of town we stop in get a cold beer and order the medium shrimp and fish ceviche. It is truly big enough for 2 adults. Served with corn chips and saltine crackers. The saltines make it even better.
Fresh, tasty and reasonably priced.
The perfect start.